CD-RW not powered

my cd rw drive has no power to it at all, i have tried all the help solutions
in the packard bee info center but nothing works. the drive is recognised by
the computer when you click on the device properties and ry to trouble shoot,
it also says there are no problems with the device, however if i try to
access the drive via any form eg via my cd rewriting program it claims a
stutiable drive can not be found! also if you try and open the cd draw
nothing happens!!!

What can be wrong and how can i fix it!!!!
charlotte x

If your drive has no power, then it's probably a hardware problem.

Get a new CD-RW drive.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"Trendy_chick66" <Trendy_chick66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my cd rw drive has no power to it at all, i have tried all the help
> solutions
> in the packard bee info center but nothing works. the drive is recognised
> by
> the computer when you click on the device properties and ry to trouble
> shoot,
> it also says there are no problems with the device, however if i try to
> access the drive via any form eg via my cd rewriting program it claims a
> stutiable drive can not be found! also if you try and open the cd draw
> nothing happens!!!
>
> What can be wrong and how can i fix it!!!!
> charlotte x

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
[Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]

2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

Also see:

Restore CD/DVD Drives
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

=?Utf-8?B?VHJlbmR5X2NoaWNrNjY=?= wrote:

> my cd rw drive has no power to it at all, i have tried all the help solutions
> What can be wrong and how can i fix it!!!!

Take the cover off the pc and see if the power supply wire is in
correctly.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

On 27 Jun 2005 22:49:14 -0500, Plato wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?VHJlbmR5X2NoaWNrNjY=?= wrote:
>>
>> my cd rw drive has no power to it at all, i have tried all the help solutions
>> What can be wrong and how can i fix it!!!!
>
> Take the cover off the pc and see if the power supply wire is in
> correctly.

Good suggestion. Have seen systems where this has worked loose over time
from drive vibrations caused by normal use.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User