Usb locks up machine

gee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

Hi all,

Why is it that a usb modem is always locking up my machine. Sometime when I
plug it into a usb port it locks my machine up. I have also noticed that
this only happens when HT is enabled in the bios. I have the lasted drivers
installed.

Gee,
What type of motherboard? The reason I ask is here is a thread you can
follow. Maybe it's a bios update for your board.
'Hyperthreading'
(http://www.mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=14587)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

gee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

Yo Treeman,

I've got the Gigabyte GA 8N-SLI-Royal motherboard with the last bios
version. Thanks for the tread will go and read.