hard drive not working

when I put a cd into my hard drive c or I think it's now d drive and below is
the cd burner. anyways when I used to put cds into it automatically it would
play. now even I can't get it to play when I go manually and start it from my
computer. I went into bios and hit a button by accident in advanced pci
devices and now there's my problem. please help
--
attilathehun1

1. You can't physically put a CD in a hard-drive.
2. You have misconfigured your BIOS.
3. You should seek professional assistance locally for this problem

attilathehun1 wrote:

> when I put a cd into my hard drive c or I think it's now d drive and below is
> the cd burner. anyways when I used to put cds into it automatically it would
> play. now even I can't get it to play when I go manually and start it from my
> computer. I went into bios and hit a button by accident in advanced pci
> devices and now there's my problem. please help

seeking professional help is out of the question I can reconfigure my own
bios I just figure from pci how could it disable the drive? anyways it's not
on my com here it's on the compaq this is a dell 8300 and I installed my own
power supply video card 1024 of ram and now my sound card will go in too. So
I don't need some jerkoff making 50 bucks an hour to rip me off . that's why
I'm asking you but obviously you don't know your elbow from your you know what

--
attilathehun1

"Bob I" wrote:

> 1. You can't physically put a CD in a hard-drive.
> 2. You have misconfigured your BIOS.
> 3. You should seek professional assistance locally for this problem
>
> attilathehun1 wrote:
>
> > when I put a cd into my hard drive c or I think it's now d drive and below is
> > the cd burner. anyways when I used to put cds into it automatically it would
> > play. now even I can't get it to play when I go manually and start it from my
> > computer. I went into bios and hit a button by accident in advanced pci
> > devices and now there's my problem. please help

Ok, let's take this from the top. This is a group for addressing issues
relating to Windows XP working with hardware. Your problem is not
related to Windows. It's because you don't know what you are doing. If
it's a Dell 8300, then call Dell, and have them walk you thru setting
the BIOS properly. It's obvious from your posting that you are in up to
your elbow.

attilathehun1 wrote:

> seeking professional help is out of the question I can reconfigure my own
> bios I just figure from pci how could it disable the drive? anyways it's not
> on my com here it's on the compaq this is a dell 8300 and I installed my own
> power supply video card 1024 of ram and now my sound card will go in too. So
> I don't need some jerkoff making 50 bucks an hour to rip me off . that's why
> I'm asking you but obviously you don't know your elbow from your you know what

Hell boy ..you cant even use punctuation and your sentence structure seems
to come from an incoherent mind.
Bob was nice enough to give you some advice based on that post with the lack
of punctuation....and since none of us are mind readers we have no idea of
your actual computer knowledge...we can only guess based on the information
you give us.Which was very little and half of it was wrong.....therefore he
suggested outside help.
And you reply in a beligerent tone .....which of course kills all help you
ever expected to receive.
good luck
peterk

the problem
"attilathehun1" <attilathehun1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> seeking professional help is out of the question I can reconfigure my own
> bios I just figure from pci how could it disable the drive? anyways it's
> not
> on my com here it's on the compaq this is a dell 8300 and I installed my
> own
> power supply video card 1024 of ram and now my sound card will go in too.
> So
> I don't need some jerkoff making 50 bucks an hour to rip me off . that's
> why
> I'm asking you but obviously you don't know your elbow from your you know
> what
>
> --
> attilathehun1
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> 1. You can't physically put a CD in a hard-drive.
>> 2. You have misconfigured your BIOS.
>> 3. You should seek professional assistance locally for this problem
>>
>> attilathehun1 wrote:
>>
>> > when I put a cd into my hard drive c or I think it's now d drive and
>> > below is
>> > the cd burner. anyways when I used to put cds into it automatically it
>> > would
>> > play. now even I can't get it to play when I go manually and start it
>> > from my
>> > computer. I went into bios and hit a button by accident in advanced pci
>> > devices and now there's my problem. please help

The answer is very simple. Since you state in some dubious words that you are able to fix it without help from someone that knows what to do then go ahead and fix it. It is a very simple solution that was already given to you on the verbatim of what and how you wrote about your issue

--
Peter

"attilathehun1" <attilathehun1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67AF083E-F61F-4D63-AEAA-4B2A5F569B7F@microsoft.com...
> seeking professional help is out of the question I can reconfigure my own
> bios I just figure from pci how could it disable the drive? anyways it's not
> on my com here it's on the compaq this is a dell 8300 and I installed my own
> power supply video card 1024 of ram and now my sound card will go in too. So
> I don't need some jerkoff making 50 bucks an hour to rip me off . that's why
> I'm asking you but obviously you don't know your elbow from your you know what
>
> --
> attilathehun1
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>
> > 1. You can't physically put a CD in a hard-drive.
> > 2. You have misconfigured your BIOS.
> > 3. You should seek professional assistance locally for this problem
> >
> > attilathehun1 wrote:
> >
> > > when I put a cd into my hard drive c or I think it's now d drive and below is
> > > the cd burner. anyways when I used to put cds into it automatically it would
> > > play. now even I can't get it to play when I go manually and start it from my
> > > computer. I went into bios and hit a button by accident in advanced pci
> > > devices and now there's my problem. please help

And if you are Attila the Hun then you will understand this in the Hun language

Meny visza a bidos picsaba

--
Peter