XP Blank Screen during Inspection setup

Hopefully someone has encountered this problem and can be of help becuase I
am lost as to why this is happening.

I have a Gateway 4100 system. I have a XP Pro CD that boots to CD-ROM
without any problem but once I hit enter to start the install I get a Blank
screen after it show the "Setup is Inspecting Hardware configurations" then
its just a Blank screen. Video card is good and I have a New HD IDE 80gig
installed and I have tried both Master and CS.

Does anyone have any solution?

Thank you

Sosak

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Back when I installed XP I had a problem in that thins went blank because my
LCD monitor was connected via the digital connector on my video card. I
switched it to the analog connector and the XP install video appeared. After
everyhting was installed I switched back to the digital connector and XP
used it this time. (My guess is XP doesn't know about digital during initial
install but is fine afterwards.)

"sosak" <sosak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hopefully someone has encountered this problem and can be of help becuase
> am lost as to why this is happening.
>
> I have a Gateway 4100 system. I have a XP Pro CD that boots to CD-ROM
> without any problem but once I hit enter to start the install I get a
> Blank
> screen after it show the "Setup is Inspecting Hardware configurations"
> then
> its just a Blank screen. Video card is good and I have a New HD IDE 80gig
> installed and I have tried both Master and CS.
>
> Does anyone have any solution?
>
> Thank you
>
> Sosak

TRENDING THREADS