any hacked bios fo rGA-7VAX out there?

I've got a Gigabyte 7VAX board based on the KT400 chipset and want to lock
down the AGP and PCI bus speeds to overclock by raising the FSB. I've seen a
bios for the 7VAX-A which is very similar in layout to my board but is based
on the KT400A chipset. Has anyone seen one for my board?
Any help appreciated, thanks
zz

zzipper wrote:
> I've got a Gigabyte 7VAX board based on the KT400 chipset and want to
> lock down the AGP and PCI bus speeds to overclock by raising the FSB.
> I've seen a bios for the 7VAX-A which is very similar in layout to my
> board but is based on the KT400A chipset. Has anyone seen one for my
> board?

The VIA KT400A chipset doesn't support locking of the PCI or AGP bus. No
BIOS hack will fix this.

mine's a KT400 (7VAX)....my guess would be that it doesn't either?

zzipper wrote:
> mine's a KT400 (7VAX)....my guess would be that it doesn't either?
>
> "S.Heenan" <sheenan@wahs.ac> wrote in message
>> zzipper wrote:
>>> I've got a Gigabyte 7VAX board based on the KT400 chipset and want
>>> to lock down the AGP and PCI bus speeds to overclock by raising the
>>> FSB. I've seen a bios for the 7VAX-A which is very similar in
>>> layout to my board but is based on the KT400A chipset. Has anyone
>>> seen one for my board?
>>
>> The VIA KT400A chipset doesn't support locking of the PCI or AGP
>> bus. No BIOS hack will fix this.

Oops, you're right, the KT400 on that board. Sadly, my statement still holds
true. However, all is not lost.

Use the search function to find threads related to your GA-7VAX. Note the
PCB revision number printed on the board.
http://forums.amdmb.com/forumdisplay.php?s=acc2844ebc64d6884be6f15e27c91302&forumid=11

At one time or another I used many of the Gigabyte boards based on the VIA
KT333/400/400A chipsets. Without exception, all were solid, fast and
reliable. If memory serves, I hit the wall at ~145MHz FSB. If your CPU is
unlocked, you can leave the FSB at around 140MHz and bump the multiplier up
..5x at a time. That's the beauty of an unlocked processor; it doesn't affect
the speed of the PCI or AGP bus.