MAME in Wikipedia

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I read an interesting (if slightly outdated)article in wikipedia about
MAME (not the musical!). It seems well balanced and well informed. I
think it is probably better used as a FAQ for newbies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME

All it needs is the licence uppdate and a link to mamedev's website and
it would be perfect..
--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

MCR played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
concrete saxophone

> I read an interesting (if slightly outdated)article in wikipedia about
> MAME (not the musical!). It seems well balanced and well informed. I
> think it is probably better used as a FAQ for newbies.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME
>
> All it needs is the licence uppdate and a link to mamedev's website and
> it would be perfect..

That's pretty good. Kinda like a condensed version of the FAQ.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> I read an interesting (if slightly outdated)article in wikipedia
> about MAME (not the musical!). It seems well balanced and well
> informed. I think it is probably better used as a FAQ for
> newbies.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME
>
> All it needs is the licence uppdate and a link to mamedev's
> website and it would be perfect..

Its a WIKI, why didnt you add them?

--
David

MCR wrote on 20. April 2005:

> SINNER wrote:
>> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>
>>>I read an interesting (if slightly outdated)article in wikipedia
>>>about MAME (not the musical!). It seems well balanced and well
>>>informed. I think it is probably better used as a FAQ for
>>> newbies.
>>>
>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME
>>>
>>>All it needs is the licence uppdate and a link to mamedev's
>>>website and it would be perfect..
>> Its a WIKI, why didnt you add them?
>>

> Moi!

Oui.

> Are you kidding? ;-) Thats someones labour of love :)

Everybody can do. Did this on another side already.Now your turn. :)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

SINNER wrote:
> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>

>>I read an interesting (if slightly outdated)article in wikipedia
>>about MAME (not the musical!). It seems well balanced and well
>>informed. I think it is probably better used as a FAQ for
>>newbies.
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME
>>
>>All it needs is the licence uppdate and a link to mamedev's
>>website and it would be perfect..
>

> Its a WIKI, why didnt you add them?

Moi! Are you kidding? ;-) Thats someones labour of love :)

--

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER wrote:
>> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>

>>>I read an interesting (if slightly outdated)article in wikipedia
>>>about MAME (not the musical!). It seems well balanced and well
>>>informed. I think it is probably better used as a FAQ for
>>>newbies.
>>>
>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME
>>>
>>>All it needs is the licence uppdate and a link to mamedev's
>>>website and it would be perfect..
>>

>> Its a WIKI, why didnt you add them?
>>

> Moi! Are you kidding? ;-) Thats someones labour of love :)

WIKI's are EVERYONES labor of love, thats the purpose, if its wrong,
edit it.

--
David

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

SINNER wrote:
> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>

>>SINNER wrote:

>>>Its a WIKI, why didnt you add them?
>>>

>>Moi! Are you kidding? ;-) Thats someones labour of love :)
>>

> WIKI's are EVERYONES labor of love, thats the purpose, if its wrong,
> edit it.

You do it! ;-) I'm too nervous to go adjusting reference works at my
age. :)

--

* MCR wrote in alt.games.mame:
> SINNER wrote:

[MAME WIKI]

>>>Moi! Are you kidding? ;-) Thats someones labour of love :)

>> WIKI's are EVERYONES labor of love, thats the purpose, if its wrong,
>> edit it.

> You do it! ;-) I'm too nervous to go adjusting reference works at my
> age. :)

I'm not gonna try it, you try it :)

Hey, lets get Ankman, He'll try it, he tries everything!

[OK, So I watched too much TV as a kid]
--
David
I want to marry a girl just like the girl that married dear old dad.

Rutger6559 wrote on 20. April 2005:

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:30:02 GMT, SINNER
> <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>I'm not gonna try it, you try it :)
>>
>>Hey, lets get Ankman, He'll try it, he tries everything!

What are those strange "faces" in the walls here I see sometimes? I try to
put two wet fingers in to see what happens. [1]

> He likes it! Hey Ankman!

Umm, must I?

[1] These power sockets only have 110V, should not be a problem for a guy
From Europe who is used to have 230V there. May be till tomorrow then. ;-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:30:02 GMT, SINNER
<99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

<snip>

>I'm not gonna try it, you try it :)
>
>Hey, lets get Ankman, He'll try it, he tries everything!

He likes it! Hey Ankman!

>[OK, So I watched too much TV as a kid]

Same here. :)

--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)

Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@email.com> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled
meyhem
ankman.de:

> Rutger6559 wrote on 20. April 2005:
>>
>> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:30:02 GMT, SINNER
>> <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>>I'm not gonna try it, you try it :)
>>>
>>>Hey, lets get Ankman, He'll try it, he tries everything!
>
> What are those strange "faces" in the walls here I see sometimes? I
> try to put two wet fingers in to see what happens. [1]
>
>> He likes it! Hey Ankman!
>
> Umm, must I?
>
> [1] These power sockets only have 110V, should not be a problem for a
> guy From Europe who is used to have 230V there. May be till tomorrow
> then. ;-)

You should do I what I do.. Use a pair of copper wires... That way, You
can sit in your comfy chair rather than having to shuffle up next to the
wall..

Also, attach an alarm clock to it & you have the perfect wake up call.