Sign in with
Your question

Wireless printer offline windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 1, 2011 4:43:18 PM

Can't find where I can set the printer online from an offline status. Need help.

Thanks!
February 1, 2011 9:34:56 PM

You should be able to access it through the "devices and printers" option and turn it on from there.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2011 1:23:27 PM

You will need to install this software with the printer online, so the installer can find it. After that, your Win7 PC should be able to wake it up to print.
m
l
Related resources
February 14, 2011 9:40:34 AM

I have a wireless printer installed and am running my laptop with Windows 7. Everytime I reboot the laptop, it fails to find the printer and marks it as offline. Sometimes I can restore it by deleting and then re-adding the printer from the control panel. The printer is a new HP wireless model, and I have installed the driver successfully, I should not have to re-install this everytime. Is this a Windows 7 issue, and how do I solve it?
m
l
February 14, 2011 10:58:47 AM

Oh how I loath printers. I would completely uninstall the printer and then reinstall it with the latest drivers from HP's website. If that doesn't work I would try to get a hold of another laptop and see if it has the same problem with it. If it does I would call HP. If they can't help I would try to return it. If you can't return it I would use it how it is until it runs out of ink and replace it. After you replace it you should take it out back and show it who's boss with a golf club or flamethrower or something. Good luck.
m
l
February 16, 2011 7:52:18 AM

Fortunately I have managed to find a solution to my problem elsewhere, and it is nothing to do with the printer - which is excellent.
m
l
February 25, 2011 12:56:01 PM

gaile where was the problem please helpp i am having same issues
m
l
February 25, 2011 3:43:18 PM

My problem was with the WIFI unit. I switched this off and the printer off, then restarted both of them. After that it was OK.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 5, 2011 11:07:25 AM

This next topics has been merged by Grumpy9117
  • Wireless printer offline windows 7
    m
    l
    April 14, 2013 6:48:15 PM

Ok. Knowing how to fix a problem may require a knowledge of what causes the problem. So. Let's try from this angle. I turn on my Windows 7 Laptop at home. I choose print and the computer prints GREAT. I close the lid and the computer sleeps. 30 minutes later, the lid is raised at a local Starbucks where the computer comes out of "sleep mode". I work for a good while printing to the same printer that worked at home. The computer lid is then closed again where the computer goes to "sleep". 1 hour later, the windows 7 laptop lid is raised and the computer comes out of sleep mode. My expectation... The printer should warm up and start printing now that the computer is back on a network with the correct printer accessible on the correct port. My Expectations are unfortunately DASHED.
    The printer on the Windows 7 laptop remains offline but NOT off line with a check mark on a menu item called "off-line"... that would be too easy. I open the device and see the multiple items wanting to be printed but the printer remains off line. The only solution I have been able to find is to turn the computer totally off and then back on. That is unacceptable. What is the fix...
    The fix would be BEST if the printer would just start printing once the laptop is on the correct network with the correct and valid printer available.
    m
    l
    !