Mobile XP 2600 GREAT CHIP!

Hades

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

Hi,

If anybody is lookin to upgrade I think the Mobile XP 2600 is the way to go!

I bought one for $100 from NewEgg and an ABIT NF7-S board refurb for $56 (It
came with everything the retail package comes with)

I went with ABIT because this chip is unlocked and the NF7 boards let you
adjust the Multi, FSB and Volt.

Im using one 512MB Stick of Samsung PC2700.

I got it running now for 5 hours at 1.8v, 200FSB & 12.5 multi for 2500mhz.

It is running at 49c with a 80mm speeze HSF I got for 8 bucks.

Im happy as hell, I still have to get a new vid card, but my old GF3 is
running painkiller and far cry at 1024x768 on my 19" monitor and they are
running smooth!

Mike

You might actually get better performance by running it at 166*15. That way
your RAM and CPU are running at a synchronous speed. Thats how I have my
set-up.

-Dylan

Abit NF7 v2
XP 2600+ Mobile @ 2.5 (166*15@1.75v)
2*256 PC2700 Mushkin Blue
GeForce3 Ti200

"Hades" <here_from_hades@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Im using one 512MB Stick of Samsung PC2700.
>
> I got it running now for 5 hours at 1.8v, 200FSB & 12.5 multi for 2500mhz.

QBall

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003

Why on earth do you imagine he's not running them in sync ?
I'm running my CPU and memory in sync at 245 FSB (x10.5)

"QBall" <qball__@btinternet.com> wrote > Why on earth do you imagine he's
not running them in sync ?
> I'm running my CPU and memory in sync at 245 FSB (x10.5)

On my KT400 with 266 cpu and 333 memory, it gets a better 3dmark 2001 score
with the memory at 333. Tried it at 266.

I think KT400's are like that.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/