Temp on overclocked AMD 1800+

Here is my issue, I'm overclocking an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (tbred) and
I'm concerned about the CPU temp, I keep getting different CPU
measures from differnet sources and I want to know which one is right
Sys specs are
AMD 1800+ @ 2000+ (12.5x133)
MSI K7N2 (MS6570) nForce2 chipset (333 fsb)
Kingston Value Ram 512mb pc2100
Win XP w/SP1

BIOS - 52 C
PC Alert 4 (OEM software) - 51 C
MBM 5 - 33 C
SpeedFan 4.11 - 51 C, 32 C and 33 C but are not labeled and all are
reading from same winbond chip
PC Wizard 2004 - (CPUID maker)
Processor Temperature : 34 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 32 °C
Power/Aux Temperature :51.5 °C

So any help deciphering this would be great!

Thanks!

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 00:28:39 +0000, rtf wrote:

> Here is my issue, I'm overclocking an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (tbred) and
> I'm concerned about the CPU temp, I keep getting different CPU
> measures from differnet sources and I want to know which one is right
> Sys specs are
> AMD 1800+ @ 2000+ (12.5x133)
> MSI K7N2 (MS6570) nForce2 chipset (333 fsb)
> Kingston Value Ram 512mb pc2100
> Win XP w/SP1

Some wag's.

> BIOS - 52 C
CPU diode
> PC Alert 4 (OEM software) - 51 C
CPU diode
> MBM 5 - 33 C
CPU thermistor
> SpeedFan 4.11 - 51 C, 32 C and 33 C but are not labeled and all are
CPU diode, MB thermistor, CPU thermistor.
> reading from same winbond chip
> PC Wizard 2004 - (CPUID maker)
> Processor Temperature : 34 °C
CPU thermistor
> Mainboard Temperature : 32 °C
MB thermistor
> Power/Aux Temperature :51.5 °C
CPU diode

I thought so to until I ran some programs on my system, my case is the
my case is the hottest, my cpu core is the coolest. I know this sounds
messed up but i have tried diffrent programs and they all read the same
including the bios temp.s.
Here is what i have:
2500+ unlocked ver. ( ZALMAN 7000a Cu ) all copper
Abit AT7-MAX2
1.5gb 3200 ddr
ATi 9800 pro
maxtor 160
maxtor 60
plextor 12X10X32 ( i had to keep it in paid $450 )
Asus dvd burner +/- 4x
400 watt ps.
4 uv fans ( bottom front blowing IN, one above that blowing OUT, back of
case bottom one IN above that one OUT right above that PS
1 uv coldcathode
4 uv round fan style coldcathode
2x ide rounded el cables.
4x led case feet

~misfit~ wrote:
> rtf wrote:
>
>>Here is my issue, I'm overclocking an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (tbred) and
>>I'm concerned about the CPU temp, I keep getting different CPU
>>measures from differnet sources and I want to know which one is right
>>Sys specs are
>>AMD 1800+ @ 2000+ (12.5x133)
>>MSI K7N2 (MS6570) nForce2 chipset (333 fsb)
>>Kingston Value Ram 512mb pc2100
>>Win XP w/SP1
>>
>>BIOS - 52 C
>>PC Alert 4 (OEM software) - 51 C
>>MBM 5 - 33 C
>>SpeedFan 4.11 - 51 C, 32 C and 33 C but are not labeled and all are
>>reading from same winbond chip
>>PC Wizard 2004 - (CPUID maker)
>>Processor Temperature : 34 °C
>>Mainboard Temperature : 32 °C
>>Power/Aux Temperature :51.5 °C
>>
>>So any help deciphering this would be great!
>>
>>Thanks!
>

> It's easy really, the highest temp is your CPU. Most of those software
> packages are configurable, you are expected to change which sensor is
> labeled 'CPU'. Your CPU is running at around 52°C, all the software agrees
> on that, it's just not configured correctly. MBM5 is probably reading
> Winbond 1 which is probably case temp. Change it to read Winbond 2 or 3.
> Easy really. After trying lots of monitoring software I just use MBM5 and
> have it set to display my CPU temp in the systray. It's good having it there
> at a glance.
> --
> ~misfit~

Thanks for the input! So which is the reading to go by? The CPU
diode or thermistor?

rtf

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 06:58:21 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 00:28:39 +0000, rtf wrote:
>
>> Here is my issue, I'm overclocking an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (tbred) and
>> I'm concerned about the CPU temp, I keep getting different CPU
>> measures from differnet sources and I want to know which one is right
>> Sys specs are
>> AMD 1800+ @ 2000+ (12.5x133)
>> MSI K7N2 (MS6570) nForce2 chipset (333 fsb)
>> Kingston Value Ram 512mb pc2100
>> Win XP w/SP1
>>
>Some wag's.
>
>> BIOS - 52 C
>CPU diode
>> PC Alert 4 (OEM software) - 51 C
>CPU diode
>> MBM 5 - 33 C
>CPU thermistor
>> SpeedFan 4.11 - 51 C, 32 C and 33 C but are not labeled and all are
>CPU diode, MB thermistor, CPU thermistor.
>> reading from same winbond chip
>> PC Wizard 2004 - (CPUID maker)
>> Processor Temperature : 34 °C
>CPU thermistor