Dial-Up Modem Sharing

Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must always
be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about dial modem sharing

    You want to share a dialup connection?

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
    > computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
    > use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must always
    > be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.
    >
    > Thanks

    That is correct.
    > You want to share a dialup connection?
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
    >> computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
    >> use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must
    >> always
    >> be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Sharing the Internet with DialUp Connection.
    <http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html>
    <http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10359021&SearchEngine=Shopper&SearchTerm=10359021&Type=PE&Category=Comp&dcaid=15889http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10359021&SearchEngine=Shopper&SearchTerm=10359021&Type=PE&Category=Comp&dcaid=15889>
    Multi-Tech RouteFinder Dial-Up Router
    <http://www.multitech.com/DOCUMENTS/Collateral/data_sheets/487.asp>

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:43:02 GMT, "Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
    >computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
    >use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must always
    >be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.
    >
    >Thanks

    Some of us are not blessed with broad band! And even us country folk want to
    share the net, especially those of us that can read and electric power in
    the house......... :-)
    And yes it can be done, I'm doing it wireless now.
    > You want to share a dialup connection?
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
    >> computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
    >> use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must
    >> always
    >> be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.
    >>
    >> Thanks

Modem Dial Up Connection Windows XP