Dial-Up Modem Sharing

June 30, 2005 9:43:02 PM

Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must always
be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.

Thanks

More about : dial modem sharing

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:43:03 PM

You want to share a dialup connection?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
> computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
> use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must always
> be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.
>
> Thanks

July 1, 2005 12:23:50 AM

That is correct.
> You want to share a dialup connection?
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
>> computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
>> use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must
>> always
>> be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.
>>
>> Thanks

Related resources
July 2, 2005 5:43:03 AM

Sharing the Internet with DialUp Connection.
<http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html&gt;
<http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10359021&Sear...;
Multi-Tech RouteFinder Dial-Up Router
<http://www.multitech.com/DOCUMENTS/Collateral/data_shee...;

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:43:02 GMT, "Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of an external modem/router that will allow multiple
>computers on the network to share an Internet connection. I don't want to
>use ICS or a Proxy because of the requirement that the machine must always
>be on for the others to use. A wireless device would even be nicer.
>
>Thanks

July 16, 2005 10:50:24 PM

Some of us are not blessed with broad band! And even us country folk want to
share the net, especially those of us that can read and electric power in
the house......... :-)
And yes it can be done, I'm doing it wireless now.

!