question about games??? Anybody know??

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
Xbox, Sony, and Nintendo will be realeasing there new systems christmas of 2005 or early 2006. I'm guesing it will be 256 bit system since everytime they come out with a new system they double the bits, 8(nes),16{snes},32{playstation},64{n64},128(ps2),256{?]. My question is when will the computer companies start putting out 256 bit games??? Does anybody out there have any ideas??

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
First you should find out what the words you just said mean, the answer will come by itself...

<font color=blue>The day <font color=green>Microsoft</font color=green> will make something that doesn't suck is the day they'll start making vacuum cleaners.</font color=blue>

dhlucke

Polypheme
*sigh*

Snorky is right. Once you understand the words it will make sense. Consoles aren't as good as PCs.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
DooM3 - 14,996,057,160 bits. That's almost 15 billion bits! Uninstalled!

<font color=blue>The day <font color=green>Microsoft</font color=green> will make something that doesn't suck is the day they'll start making vacuum cleaners.</font color=blue>

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
All i know is after i started playing computer games, my console stuff is packed away. I havent played a console game but maybe 1/2 a dozen times in over 4 years

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger

Your question doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Computer games, assuming its a decent game, will have far superior graphics than any gaming system, no matter how many bits it has. Ever tried playing something like GrandTheft Auto III on PS2, then try it on a computer capable of running it in 1280x1024, or even better 1600x1200, and you will see how the same exact game, still looks better on computer.

My Desktop: <A HREF="http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html" target="_new">http://Mr5oh.tripod.com/pc.html</A>

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
...of course, you can buy a current gen gaming console for under $200. That would barely even cover a respectable graphics board for a gaming pc.

If it wasn't for Blizzard, I probably would have just gotten out of the whole PC gaming thing :smile: .

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>