Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BTW, still jerky on an Intel 735.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 10:26:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
jerkiness.

It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
735 or something like that.

This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
but they sometimes seem the same speed.

I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.

Thanks to those for helping.

More about : btw jerky intel 735

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 12:40:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

BillT played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
concrete saxophone

>
> I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
> jerkiness.
>
> It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
> 735 or something like that.
>
> This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
> but they sometimes seem the same speed.
>
> I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
> to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.
>
> Thanks to those for helping.

You've been told why. If you want to keep bashing your head against a
brick wall that's up to you.
April 20, 2005 6:55:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

BillT wrote:
> I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
> jerkiness.
>
> It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
> 735 or something like that.
>
> This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
> but they sometimes seem the same speed.
>
> I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
> to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.
>
> Thanks to those for helping.
>
>

If you are rendering on the same machine, then this is the problem.
MAME doesnt like sharing (no joke).

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Related resources
April 20, 2005 6:55:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> BillT wrote:
>> I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
>> jerkiness.
>>
>> It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
>> 735 or something like that.
>>
>> This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
>> but they sometimes seem the same speed.
>>
>> I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
>> to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.
>>
>> Thanks to those for helping.
>
> If you are rendering on the same machine, then this is the problem.
> MAME doesnt like sharing (no joke).
>

Especially since rendering is just as CPU intensive as MAME. Both
applications want 100% CPU time.

--
David
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 6:55:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Thanks for the help, but I don't think this machine renders.
They set it up to send jobs to the network. But even when I
render local, I can start graphics applications in seconds.

In article <Xns963E603F8D03CLouiscypherhellorg@140.99.99.130>,
arcade.master@googlemail.net says...
> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
> > BillT wrote:
> >> I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
> >> jerkiness.
> >>
> >> It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
> >> 735 or something like that.
> >>
> >> This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
> >> but they sometimes seem the same speed.
> >>
> >> I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
> >> to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.
> >>
> >> Thanks to those for helping.
> >
> > If you are rendering on the same machine, then this is the problem.
> > MAME doesnt like sharing (no joke).
> >
>
> Especially since rendering is just as CPU intensive as MAME. Both
> applications want 100% CPU time.
>
>
April 20, 2005 10:12:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

BillT wrote:
> Thanks for the help, but I don't think this machine renders.
> They set it up to send jobs to the network. But even when I
> render local, I can start graphics applications in seconds.
>

Before starting MAME (assuming you are using windows) press CTRL+ALT+DEL
and see processes running, have a look and see if you have 99% idle. If
you see it fluctuate and/or drop then it is likely to be

A) Services or processes that eat cpu cycles like Anti-virus
or
B) Spyware, in which case run Spybot S&D

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 10:12:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Thank you. I'll check later.

In article <d462i4$ose$1@domitilla.aioe.org>,
mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk says...
> BillT wrote:
> > Thanks for the help, but I don't think this machine renders.
> > They set it up to send jobs to the network. But even when I
> > render local, I can start graphics applications in seconds.
> >
>
> Before starting MAME (assuming you are using windows) press CTRL+ALT+DEL
> and see processes running, have a look and see if you have 99% idle. If
> you see it fluctuate and/or drop then it is likely to be
>
> A) Services or processes that eat cpu cycles like Anti-virus
> or
> B) Spyware, in which case run Spybot S&D
>
>
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 10:12:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

BillT wrote:

> Thank you. I'll top post later.
>


--
FSogol
April 21, 2005 1:44:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

FSogol wrote:
>
>
> BillT wrote:
>
>> Thank you. I'll top post later.
>>
>
>

LOL! My newsreader marked that 'adjustment' as part of the last post!

--
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 5:46:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:27:41 GMT, SINNER
<arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

<snip>

Hey David, can you shoot me an email at my inner circle addr? I just
tried to send you one at your comcast addr, but it bounced right away.
I guess you've changed ISP's.

Thanks!!


--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)
April 24, 2005 10:57:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

* Rutger6559 wrote in alt.games.mame:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:27:41 GMT, SINNER
><arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

><snip>

> Hey David, can you shoot me an email at my inner circle addr? I just
> tried to send you one at your comcast addr, but it bounced right away.
> I guess you've changed ISP's.

> Thanks!!

I cant find the IC addy. For me use arcade.master at gmail dot com.

--
David
No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
-- William Blake
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:03:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:57:23 GMT, SINNER
<99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

>arcade.master at gmail dot com

You've got mail!


--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)
April 25, 2005 1:47:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

* Rutger6559 wrote in alt.games.mame:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:57:23 GMT, SINNER
><99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

>>arcade.master at gmail dot com

> You've got mail!

Hmmm, just checked, nada

--
David
If mathematically you end up with the incorrect answer, try multiplying
by the page number
-- Murphy's Laws on Technology n°35
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:11:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:47:08 GMT, SINNER
<99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

>* Rutger6559 wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:57:23 GMT, SINNER
>><99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
>
>>>arcade.master at gmail dot com
>
>> You've got mail!
>
>Hmmm, just checked, nada

OK, let's try again.


--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:11:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:11:09 +0000, Rutger6559 wrote:

>>> You've got mail!
>>
>>Hmmm, just checked, nada
>
> OK, let's try again.

http://tinyurl.com/9xere
April 25, 2005 6:22:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

* innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:11:09 +0000, Rutger6559 wrote:
>
>>>> You've got mail!
>>>
>>>Hmmm, just checked, nada
>>
>> OK, let's try again.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9xere
>

Groan ;) 


--
David
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:22:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:22:28 +0000, SINNER wrote:

>>>>> You've got mail!
>>>>
>>>>Hmmm, just checked, nada
>>>
>>> OK, let's try again.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/9xere
>>
>>
> Groan ;) 

http://tinyurl.com/3x65y

?
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 12:31:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:31:21 +0000, SINNER wrote:

> * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:22:28 +0000, SINNER wrote:
>>
>>>>>>> You've got mail!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Hmmm, just checked, nada
>>>>>
>>>>> OK, let's try again.
>>>>
>>>> http://tinyurl.com/9xere
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Groan ;) 
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3x65y
>>
>> ?
>>
>>
> http://preparedness.com/flarandsmoks.html


http://tinyurl.com/7ycgn

!
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 12:31:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
concrete saxophone

> * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:22:28 +0000, SINNER wrote:
>>
>>>>>>> You've got mail!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Hmmm, just checked, nada
>>>>>
>>>>> OK, let's try again.
>>>>
>>>> http://tinyurl.com/9xere
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Groan ;) 
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3x65y
>>
>> ?
>>
>
> http://preparedness.com/flarandsmoks.html

I think this thread needs one of these:

http://preparedness.com/manovxestli.html

Thread overboard! Man the lifeboats and scuttle the newsgroup!

--
Neil
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 2:02:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:30:41 -0500, Dire Radiant wrote:

> I think this thread needs one of these:
>
> http://preparedness.com/manovxestli.html

You're saying that you have achieved a flash of deep insight through
reading this exchange?
April 26, 2005 8:44:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

* innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:31:21 +0000, SINNER wrote:
>
>> * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>
>>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:22:28 +0000, SINNER wrote:
>>>
>>>>>>>> You've got mail!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Hmmm, just checked, nada
>>>>>>
>>>>>> OK, let's try again.
>>>>>
>>>>> http://tinyurl.com/9xere
>>>>>
>>>> Groan ;) 
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3x65y
>>>
>>> ?
>> http://preparedness.com/flarandsmoks.html
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7ycgn
>

Thats actually what I was looking for when I posted the previous link
:) 

--
David
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 8:44:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:44:03 +0000, SINNER wrote:

> Thats actually what I was looking for when I posted the previous link

Tsk.

Point for the lamb! *tee hee*
!