BTW, still jerky on an Intel 735.

I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
jerkiness.

It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
735 or something like that.

This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
but they sometimes seem the same speed.

I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.

Thanks to those for helping.
22 answers Last reply
More about jerky intel

    BillT played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
    concrete saxophone

    > I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
    > jerkiness.
    >
    > It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
    > 735 or something like that.
    >
    > This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
    > but they sometimes seem the same speed.
    >
    > I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
    > to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.
    >
    > Thanks to those for helping.

    You've been told why. If you want to keep bashing your head against a
    brick wall that's up to you.

    BillT wrote:
    > I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
    > jerkiness.
    >
    > It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
    > 735 or something like that.
    >
    > This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
    > but they sometimes seem the same speed.
    >
    > I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
    > to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.
    >
    > Thanks to those for helping.

    If you are rendering on the same machine, then this is the problem.
    MAME doesnt like sharing (no joke).

    --
    MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

    * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    > BillT wrote:
    >> I loaded it onto my other work machine. Still get the
    >> jerkiness.
    >>
    >> It's a DFI lan party board with ddr2, I think the cpu is Intel
    >> 735 or something like that.
    >>
    >> This machine starts photoshop in 2 seconds, longer in the A64,
    >> but they sometimes seem the same speed.
    >>
    >> I don't know what the heck is going on. I just want something
    >> to vege out on while I'm rendering stuff.
    >>
    >> Thanks to those for helping.
    >
    > If you are rendering on the same machine, then this is the problem.
    > MAME doesnt like sharing (no joke).

    Especially since rendering is just as CPU intensive as MAME. Both
    applications want 100% CPU time.

    --
    David

    Thanks for the help, but I don't think this machine renders.
    They set it up to send jobs to the network. But even when I
    render local, I can start graphics applications in seconds.

    In article <Xns963E603F8D03CLouiscypherhellorg@140.99.99.130>,
    arcade.master@googlemail.net says...

    BillT wrote:
    > Thanks for the help, but I don't think this machine renders.
    > They set it up to send jobs to the network. But even when I
    > render local, I can start graphics applications in seconds.

    Before starting MAME (assuming you are using windows) press CTRL+ALT+DEL
    and see processes running, have a look and see if you have 99% idle. If
    you see it fluctuate and/or drop then it is likely to be

    A) Services or processes that eat cpu cycles like Anti-virus
    or
    B) Spyware, in which case run Spybot S&D

    --
    MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

    Thank you. I'll check later.

    In article <d462i4$ose$1@domitilla.aioe.org>,
    mcr@lazarusnospam.org.uk says...

    --
    FSogol

    FSogol wrote:

    > BillT wrote:
    >
    >> Thank you. I'll top post later.

    LOL! My newsreader marked that 'adjustment' as part of the last post!

    --
    MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:27:41 GMT, SINNER
    <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

    <snip>

    Hey David, can you shoot me an email at my inner circle addr? I just
    tried to send you one at your comcast addr, but it bounced right away.
    I guess you've changed ISP's.

    Thanks!!

    --
    Rick

    I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
    and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
    (John Lennon)

    * Rutger6559 wrote in alt.games.mame:
    > On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:27:41 GMT, SINNER
    ><arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

    ><snip>

    > Hey David, can you shoot me an email at my inner circle addr? I just
    > tried to send you one at your comcast addr, but it bounced right away.
    > I guess you've changed ISP's.

    > Thanks!!

    I cant find the IC addy. For me use arcade.master at gmail dot com.

    --
    David
    No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:57:23 GMT, SINNER
    <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

    >arcade.master at gmail dot com

    You've got mail!

    --
    Rick

    I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
    and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
    (John Lennon)

    * Rutger6559 wrote in alt.games.mame:
    > On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:57:23 GMT, SINNER
    ><99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

    >>arcade.master at gmail dot com

    > You've got mail!

    Hmmm, just checked, nada

    --
    David
    If mathematically you end up with the incorrect answer, try multiplying

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:47:08 GMT, SINNER
    <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

    >* Rutger6559 wrote in alt.games.mame:
    >> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:57:23 GMT, SINNER
    >><99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>>arcade.master at gmail dot com
    >
    >> You've got mail!
    >
    >Hmmm, just checked, nada

    OK, let's try again.

    --

    http://tinyurl.com/9xere

    * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    >>>Hmmm, just checked, nada
    >>
    >> OK, let's try again.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/9xere

    Groan ;)

    --
    David

    http://tinyurl.com/3x65y

    ?

    http://preparedness.com/flarandsmoks.html

    --
    David

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:31:21 +0000, SINNER wrote:

    > * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    >>> Groan ;)
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3x65y
    >>
    >> ?
    >>

    > http://preparedness.com/flarandsmoks.html

    http://tinyurl.com/7ycgn

    SINNER played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
    concrete saxophone

    > * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    >>> Groan ;)
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3x65y
    >>
    >> ?
    >>

    > http://preparedness.com/flarandsmoks.html

    I think this thread needs one of these:

    http://preparedness.com/manovxestli.html

    Thread overboard! Man the lifeboats and scuttle the newsgroup!

    --
    Neil

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:30:41 -0500, Dire Radiant wrote:

    > I think this thread needs one of these:
    >
    > http://preparedness.com/manovxestli.html

    You're saying that you have achieved a flash of deep insight through
    reading this exchange?

    * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:31:21 +0000, SINNER wrote:
    >
    >> * innocent_lamb Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    >>> http://tinyurl.com/3x65y
    >>>
    >>> ?
    >> http://preparedness.com/flarandsmoks.html
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/7ycgn

    Thats actually what I was looking for when I posted the previous link
    :)

    --
    David

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:44:03 +0000, SINNER wrote:

    > Thats actually what I was looking for when I posted the previous link

    Tsk.

    Point for the lamb! *tee hee*

Intel Video Games