FA: FIC VA503+ Motherboard AMD K62-350 Mini ATCase Extras

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

For Auction on eBay FIC VA 503+ Motherboard, AMD K62 350 Processor with fan,
Mini Tower AT case with power supply, OEM 8MB AGP video card, OEM sound
card. There is also RAM onboard, but I'm not sure how much it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3472506550&category=4615&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

These components come *AS-IS*. I cannot guarantee that they will work when
you receive it, but I upgraded to a new system and all of these components
were working fine when I pulled out all of the drives.

The FIC VA 503+ MB is a very versatile motherboard. I will ship the
original owners manual and disk w/drivers (although I recommend you get the
updated drivers from FIC's site).
I will ship the original owners manual for the AMD K62 350 processor.

The mini-tower case comes with a power supply and a cover. The cover is not
shown in the picture, but it's in very good condition.

I will also send the CD's with the drivers for the AGP video card and the
sound card.
Thanks!
TJM

In article <7NXbc.14720$Dv2.3025@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, TJM
<noneyabidness@nowhere.net> writes
>For Auction on eBay FIC VA 503+ Motherboard, AMD K62 350 Processor with fan,
>Mini Tower AT case with power supply, OEM 8MB AGP video card, OEM sound
>card. There is also RAM onboard, but I'm not sure how much it is.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3472506550&category=4615&sspa
>gename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1
>
>These components come *AS-IS*. I cannot guarantee that they will work when
>you receive it, but I upgraded to a new system and all of these components
>were working fine when I pulled out all of the drives.
>
>The FIC VA 503+ MB is a very versatile motherboard.
(snip)

It's a brilliant board - best of the SS7s, perhaps. Overclockers dream.
I ran one or other for over five years and only my ham-fistedness forced
an upgrade a few months ago.

Best of luck with the auction!
--
Roger Hunt
(Not in any way affiliated with the vendor!)

geoff

>> The FIC VA 503+ MB is a very versatile motherboard.
> (snip)
>
> It's a brilliant board - best of the SS7s, perhaps. Overclockers
> dream.
> I ran one or other for over five years and only my ham-fistedness
> forced
> an upgrade a few months ago.
>
> Best of luck with the auction!

what !!!
FIC made something good ?
!?!?!?!!!
I didn't see that coming....

In article <c4pkko$2kc09a$1@ID-17404.news.uni-berlin.de>, Geoff
<fooooooool@hotmail.com> writes

>>> The FIC VA 503+ MB is a very versatile motherboard.
>> (snip)
>>
>> It's a brilliant board - best of the SS7s, perhaps. Overclockers
>> dream.
>> I ran one or other for over five years and only my ham-fistedness
>> forced
>> an upgrade a few months ago.
>>
>> Best of luck with the auction!
>
>what !!!
>FIC made something good ?
>!?!?!?!!!
>I didn't see that coming....

Well, another way of looking at it was that it took me five years to get
it running properly then it blew up! :)
--
Roger Hunt

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

FYI, based on feedback from another NG I ran a check and verified that there
is 48 MB RAM onboard. I updated my eBay description.

This has been a great MB in combination with the AMD K62. I have another
one that is also still chugging along.

Cheers,
TJM

"Roger Hunt" <test@carewg.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <c4pkko$2kc09a$1@ID-17404.news.uni-berlin.de>, Geoff
> <fooooooool@hotmail.com> writes

> >> (snip)
> >>
> >> It's a brilliant board - best of the SS7s, perhaps. Overclockers
> >> dream.
> >> I ran one or other for over five years and only my ham-fistedness
> >> forced
> >> an upgrade a few months ago.
> >>
> >> Best of luck with the auction!
> >
> >what !!!
> >FIC made something good ?
> >!?!?!?!!!
> >I didn't see that coming....
> >
> Well, another way of looking at it was that it took me five years to get
> it running properly then it blew up! :)
> --
> Roger Hunt

No there is not.

TJM wrote:
> FYI, based on feedback from another NG I ran a check and verified
> that there is 48 MB RAM onboard. .
>

> Cheers,
> TJM

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

Clarification... There are 48MB of SIMMs installed by me on the
motherboard. "onboard" was a misnomer and should not be misconstrued as
though the mfg built in 48MB RAM "on" the MB.

Yes, there is 48 MB of RAM installed on the motherboard.
TJM
"neopolaris" <.> wrote in message news:1071fff5pjl3i7e@corp.supernews.com...
> No there is not.
>
> TJM wrote:
> > FYI, based on feedback from another NG I ran a check and verified
> > that there is 48 MB RAM onboard. .
> >

> > Cheers,
> > TJM

In article <1071fff5pjl3i7e@corp.supernews.com>, neopolaris <?.?@?.?>
writes
>TJM wrote:
>> FYI, based on feedback from another NG I ran a check and verified
>> that there is 48 MB RAM onboard. .

>No there is not.

(Idle thought)
Wow!
If there *were* 48MB of motherboard cache on a hypothetical 503+, what
kind of performance might I expect from that and a K6-3+/@600 Mhz ??

Regards
--
Roger Hunt

geoff

Roger Hunt wrote:
> In article <c4pkko$2kc09a$1@ID-17404.news.uni-berlin.de>, Geoff
> <fooooooool@hotmail.com> writes

>>> (snip)
>>>
>>> It's a brilliant board - best of the SS7s, perhaps. Overclockers
>>> dream.
>>> I ran one or other for over five years and only my ham-fistedness
>>> forced
>>> an upgrade a few months ago.
>>>
>>> Best of luck with the auction!
>>
>> what !!!
>> FIC made something good ?
>> !?!?!?!!!
>> I didn't see that coming....
>>
> Well, another way of looking at it was that it took me five years to
> get it running properly then it blew up! :)

lol
thats better, i thought i was losing my mind there for a min
FIC making good stuff, errrmmm no ! hehe

In article <c4sb3s$2mqm0a$1@ID-17404.news.uni-berlin.de>, Geoff
<fooooooool@hotmail.com> writes
>Roger Hunt wrote:
>> In article <c4pkko$2kc09a$1@ID-17404.news.uni-berlin.de>, Geoff
>> <fooooooool@hotmail.com> writes

>>> what !!!
>>> FIC made something good ?
>>> !?!?!?!!!
>>> I didn't see that coming....
>>>
>> Well, another way of looking at it was that it took me five years to
>> get it running properly then it blew up! :)
>
>lol
>thats better, i thought i was losing my mind there for a min
>FIC making good stuff, errrmmm no ! hehe

Yup! Never a dull moment with a FIC, that's for sure! :)
--
Roger Hunt