daft question but......

Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown

Bri
20 answers Last reply
More about daft question

    yes they can be in green....even in blue or red ;)
    "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
    >

    > Bri

    "daft" ...huh.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=67&q=daft

    > "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in
    > message news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
    >> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are
    >> brown
    >>

    >> Bri

    i would think something along the lines of:

    can i run an Athlon FX in my 386 socket

    .... would be more fitting of the term daft....

    "Rocket Man" <rm@rm.invalid> wrote in message
    > Irrat8ed wrote:
    > > "daft" ...huh.
    >
    > http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=67&q=daft
    >

    > > "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in
    > > message news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > >> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are
    > >> brown
    > >>

    > >> Bri

    oh yeah the dictionary! I would have never thought of that...since I
    already know what it means. The "huh" was because you don't hear (or see)
    it much. Everyone is so smart! A link to a dictionary...huh.

    "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
    >

    > Bri

    'Daft' is quite a common term here in the UK....Not everyone who posts here
    comes from the USA, many actually belong the 'other' 95% of the world
    population...surprising...huh

    "Irrat8ed" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > oh yeah the dictionary! I would have never thought of that...since I
    > already know what it means. The "huh" was because you don't hear (or see)
    > it much. Everyone is so smart! A link to a dictionary...huh.
    >

    > "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
    > >

    > > Bri

    But is anyone going to answer my question or should i just give up on this
    group completely?

    Bri
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Brian Hopkinson wrote:
    > But is anyone going to answer my question or should i just give up on this
    > group completely?

    You talking about the core or the packaging?

    Ben
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Brian Hopkinson wrote:
    > > But is anyone going to answer my question or should i just give up on
    this
    > > group completely?
    >
    > You talking about the core or the packaging?

    Drifting over to daft again folks !

    --
    Remove the dross to contact me directly
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:15:27 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
    <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown

    >Bri
    Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
    vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]

    Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.

    BoroLad

    red'n
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_barton.html
    green'n
    http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath=28_29
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Last time, when you look at the chip without any packaging etc , just the
    chip like you got it oem , my xp 1700 was greeen in colour , my 2200 was
    brown and my barton is green.

    But, like the original post i thought they only came in a brown colour.
    Reason im asking is that it has been known for this well known UK shop to
    have Fake chips and i want to make sure i have a proper barton

    Bri
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:15:27 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
    > <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
    >
    > >Bri
    > Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
    > vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]
    >
    > Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.
    >
    > BoroLad
    >
    > red'n
    > http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_barton.html
    > green'n
    > http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath=28_29

    thanks

    Bri
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:10:36 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
    <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    ><borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:15:27 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
    >> <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >> >Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown

    >> >Bri
    >> Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
    >> vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]

    >> Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.

    >> BoroLad

    >> red'n
    >> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_barton.html
    >> green'n
    >> http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath=28_29

    >thanks

    >Bri

    UR welcome Bri, the two URL's I posted, I did so for two reasons, the
    first was colour and the second is that they are both honourable and
    do not use re-marked chips.

    You should consider that a Mobile is unlocked, overclocks better, uses
    less voltage, is cheaper and runs cooler.

    BoroLad
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    I think what the previous poster meant by "Packaging" was not the plastic
    box thingy that the CPU comes in, he meant the "CPU Packaging", which is the
    bit of plastic (usually refer to as organic packaging if plastic) or
    ceramic. The CPU "Core" is actually the bit of rectangular silicon that sit
    in the middle of the package.

    To answer your question, AMD's CPU packaging comes in all sorts of colours,
    but mostly green or red

    FSAA
    "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
    >

    > Bri

  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    doh, I mean brown!

    "FSAA" <fsaa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I think what the previous poster meant by "Packaging" was not the plastic
    > box thingy that the CPU comes in, he meant the "CPU Packaging", which is
    the
    > bit of plastic (usually refer to as organic packaging if plastic) or
    > ceramic. The CPU "Core" is actually the bit of rectangular silicon that
    sit
    > in the middle of the package.
    >
    > To answer your question, AMD's CPU packaging comes in all sorts of
    colours,
    > but mostly green or red
    >
    > FSAA
    > "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
    > >

    > > Bri

  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    > On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:10:36 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
    > <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > ><borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message

    > >> Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
    > >> vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]
    >
    > >> Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.
    >
    > >> BoroLad
    >
    > >> red'n
    > >> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_barton.html
    > >> green'n
    > >> http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath=28_29
    >
    > >thanks
    >
    > >Bri
    >
    > UR welcome Bri, the two URL's I posted, I did so for two reasons, the
    > first was colour and the second is that they are both honourable and
    > do not use re-marked chips.
    >
    > You should consider that a Mobile is unlocked, overclocks better, uses
    > less voltage, is cheaper and runs cooler.
    >
    > BoroLad

    wel i have got a juihb 1700 which ran at 2.2ghz for ages but now seems to
    throw up a lot of errors at that speed, unfirtunately i already got a barton
    3200 now, havent tried to overclock it yet (i think its locked) but i think
    i may take the fsb up seeing as ive got some monster cooling in the case
    (not water cooled yet)

    Bri
  17. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    In article <c50s6v$bou$1@titan.btinternet.com>, FSAA <fsaa@hotmail.com>
    writes

    >doh, I mean brown!

    Do you mean green or brown, or red or brown? :-)

    >"FSAA" <fsaa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I think what the previous poster meant by "Packaging" was not the plastic
    >> box thingy that the CPU comes in, he meant the "CPU Packaging", which is
    >the
    >> bit of plastic (usually refer to as organic packaging if plastic) or
    >> ceramic. The CPU "Core" is actually the bit of rectangular silicon that
    >sit
    >> in the middle of the package.
    >>
    >> To answer your question, AMD's CPU packaging comes in all sorts of
    >colours,
    >> but mostly green or red
    >>
    >> FSAA
    >> "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown

    --
    Roger Hunt
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    In article <c4upth$2lbl3u$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de>, Brian
    Hopkinson <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> writes
    >Last time, when you look at the chip without any packaging etc , just the
    >chip like you got it oem , my xp 1700 was greeen in colour , my 2200 was
    >brown and my barton is green.
    >
    >But, like the original post i thought they only came in a brown colour.
    >Reason im asking is that it has been known for this well known UK shop to
    >have Fake chips and i want to make sure i have a proper barton

    It's a delicate matter of course, but I'd love to know the name of the
    shop.
    How can this be broadcast without the possibility of legal hassle?
    --
    Roger Hunt
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Roger Hunt wrote:

    > It's a delicate matter of course, but I'd love to know the name of the
    > shop.
    > How can this be broadcast without the possibility of legal hassle?

    rot13 the name then it is not machine readable?

    --
    Mark
    Iligitimi Non Carborundum!

    In article <c53lcj$2obl8m$1@ID-143023.news.uni-berlin.de>, baskitcaise
    <baskitcaise@hotmail.com> writes
    >Roger Hunt wrote:
    >

    >> It's a delicate matter of course, but I'd love to know the name of the
    >> shop.
    >> How can this be broadcast without the possibility of legal hassle?
    >
    >rot13 the name then it is not machine readable?

    .... or perhaps spell it's name out as the first letter of each line in
    an otherwise innocuous text message?
    --
    Roger Hunt

AMD Overclocking Hardware Green