Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

daft question but......

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 1:15:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown


Bri

More about : daft question

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 1:30:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

yes they can be in green....even in blue or red ;) 
"Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
>
>
> Bri
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 5:38:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

"daft" ...huh.


"Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
>
>
> Bri
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 5:38:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Irrat8ed wrote:
> "daft" ...huh.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=67&q=daft


> "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in
> message news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
>> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are
>> brown
>>
>>
>> Bri
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 5:38:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

i would think something along the lines of:

can i run an Athlon FX in my 386 socket

.... would be more fitting of the term daft....


"Rocket Man" <rm@rm.invalid> wrote in message
news:-I2dnRoYB47HjO_d4p2dnA@adelphia.com...
> Irrat8ed wrote:
> > "daft" ...huh.
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=67&q=daft
>
>
> > "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in
> > message news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
> >> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are
> >> brown
> >>
> >>
> >> Bri
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 7:01:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

oh yeah the dictionary! I would have never thought of that...since I
already know what it means. The "huh" was because you don't hear (or see)
it much. Everyone is so smart! A link to a dictionary...huh.


"Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
>
>
> Bri
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 10:37:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

'Daft' is quite a common term here in the UK....Not everyone who posts here
comes from the USA, many actually belong the 'other' 95% of the world
population...surprising...huh

--
*****Replace 'NOSPAM' with 'btinternet' in the reply address*****
"Irrat8ed" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
news:S3pcc.6173$n%3.396@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com...
> oh yeah the dictionary! I would have never thought of that...since I
> already know what it means. The "huh" was because you don't hear (or see)
> it much. Everyone is so smart! A link to a dictionary...huh.
>
>
> "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
> > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
> >
> >
> > Bri
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 12:35:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

But is anyone going to answer my question or should i just give up on this
group completely?

Bri
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 12:43:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Brian Hopkinson wrote:
> But is anyone going to answer my question or should i just give up on this
> group completely?

You talking about the core or the packaging?

Ben
--
A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 12:56:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

"Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c4tn3k$2mcu0r$1@ID-191149.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Brian Hopkinson wrote:
> > But is anyone going to answer my question or should i just give up on
this
> > group completely?
>
> You talking about the core or the packaging?
>


Drifting over to daft again folks !

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 6:14:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:15:27 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
<nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown

>Bri
Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]

Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.

BoroLad

red'n
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_ba...
green'n
http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath...
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 10:37:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Last time, when you look at the chip without any packaging etc , just the
chip like you got it oem , my xp 1700 was greeen in colour , my 2200 was
brown and my barton is green.

But, like the original post i thought they only came in a brown colour.
Reason im asking is that it has been known for this well known UK shop to
have Fake chips and i want to make sure i have a proper barton

Bri
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2004 11:10:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
news:ata570tob64u7h4mr4p21am99ro0f307bv@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:15:27 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
> <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
>
> >Bri
> Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
> vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]
>
> Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.
>
> BoroLad
>
> red'n
> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_ba...
> green'n
> http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath...


thanks

Bri
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2004 1:31:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:10:36 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
<nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

><borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
>news:ata570tob64u7h4mr4p21am99ro0f307bv@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:15:27 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
>> <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> >Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown

>> >Bri
>> Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
>> vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]

>> Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.

>> BoroLad

>> red'n
>> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_ba...
>> green'n
>> http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath...

>thanks

>Bri

UR welcome Bri, the two URL's I posted, I did so for two reasons, the
first was colour and the second is that they are both honourable and
do not use re-marked chips.

You should consider that a Mobile is unlocked, overclocks better, uses
less voltage, is cheaper and runs cooler.

BoroLad
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2004 4:23:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

I think what the previous poster meant by "Packaging" was not the plastic
box thingy that the CPU comes in, he meant the "CPU Packaging", which is the
bit of plastic (usually refer to as organic packaging if plastic) or
ceramic. The CPU "Core" is actually the bit of rectangular silicon that sit
in the middle of the package.

To answer your question, AMD's CPU packaging comes in all sorts of colours,
but mostly green or red

FSAA
"Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
>
>
> Bri
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2004 4:29:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

doh, I mean brown!

"FSAA" <fsaa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c50rr7$b8v$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> I think what the previous poster meant by "Packaging" was not the plastic
> box thingy that the CPU comes in, he meant the "CPU Packaging", which is
the
> bit of plastic (usually refer to as organic packaging if plastic) or
> ceramic. The CPU "Core" is actually the bit of rectangular silicon that
sit
> in the middle of the package.
>
> To answer your question, AMD's CPU packaging comes in all sorts of
colours,
> but mostly green or red
>
> FSAA
> "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
> > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
> >
> >
> > Bri
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2004 11:11:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
news:s33670h9t39q2q1olahl55tpsug8cm1tv6@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:10:36 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
> <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> ><borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
> >news:ata570tob64u7h4mr4p21am99ro0f307bv@4ax.com...
> >> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:15:27 +0100, "Brian Hopkinson"
> >> <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >> >Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are
brown
>
> >> >Bri
> >> Colour [ the chip ] is to do with the location of manufacture, and can
> >> vary from green [ish] - to - red [ish]
>
> >> Colour [ the packaging ] is predominantly green.
>
> >> BoroLad
>
> >> red'n
> >> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/amd_athlon_xp_ba...
> >> green'n
> >> http://www.cpucitystore.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath...
>
> >thanks
>
> >Bri
>
> UR welcome Bri, the two URL's I posted, I did so for two reasons, the
> first was colour and the second is that they are both honourable and
> do not use re-marked chips.
>
> You should consider that a Mobile is unlocked, overclocks better, uses
> less voltage, is cheaper and runs cooler.
>
> BoroLad

wel i have got a juihb 1700 which ran at 2.2ghz for ages but now seems to
throw up a lot of errors at that speed, unfirtunately i already got a barton
3200 now, havent tried to overclock it yet (i think its locked) but i think
i may take the fsb up seeing as ive got some monster cooling in the case
(not water cooled yet)

Bri
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 8, 2004 1:54:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

In article <c50s6v$bou$1@titan.btinternet.com>, FSAA <fsaa@hotmail.com>
writes
>
>doh, I mean brown!
>
Do you mean green or brown, or red or brown? :-)

>"FSAA" <fsaa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:c50rr7$b8v$1@titan.btinternet.com...
>> I think what the previous poster meant by "Packaging" was not the plastic
>> box thingy that the CPU comes in, he meant the "CPU Packaging", which is
>the
>> bit of plastic (usually refer to as organic packaging if plastic) or
>> ceramic. The CPU "Core" is actually the bit of rectangular silicon that
>sit
>> in the middle of the package.
>>
>> To answer your question, AMD's CPU packaging comes in all sorts of
>colours,
>> but mostly green or red
>>
>> FSAA
>> "Brian Hopkinson" <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> news:c4sent$2m568e$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de...
>> > Can barton 3200's be green in colour as all the pictures i see are brown
>> >

--
Roger Hunt
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 8, 2004 1:56:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

In article <c4upth$2lbl3u$1@ID-102381.news.uni-berlin.de>, Brian
Hopkinson <nospambrian.hopkinson@ntlworld.com> writes
>Last time, when you look at the chip without any packaging etc , just the
>chip like you got it oem , my xp 1700 was greeen in colour , my 2200 was
>brown and my barton is green.
>
>But, like the original post i thought they only came in a brown colour.
>Reason im asking is that it has been known for this well known UK shop to
>have Fake chips and i want to make sure i have a proper barton
>
It's a delicate matter of course, but I'd love to know the name of the
shop.
How can this be broadcast without the possibility of legal hassle?
--
Roger Hunt
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 8, 2004 6:51:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Roger Hunt wrote:


> It's a delicate matter of course, but I'd love to know the name of the
> shop.
> How can this be broadcast without the possibility of legal hassle?

rot13 the name then it is not machine readable?

--
Mark
Iligitimi Non Carborundum!
Twixt hill and high water, N.Wales, UK
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 8, 2004 9:23:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

In article <c53lcj$2obl8m$1@ID-143023.news.uni-berlin.de>, baskitcaise
<baskitcaise@hotmail.com> writes
>Roger Hunt wrote:
>
>
>> It's a delicate matter of course, but I'd love to know the name of the
>> shop.
>> How can this be broadcast without the possibility of legal hassle?
>
>rot13 the name then it is not machine readable?
>
.... or perhaps spell it's name out as the first letter of each line in
an otherwise innocuous text message?
--
Roger Hunt
!