Screen resolution and USB ports not working

July 1, 2005 1:59:17 PM

Hi, Many thanks for your reply.

Fortunately, the PC is still under warranty and Dell say they will
collect it and change the motherboard.

One thing I am concerned about is that they will wipe my programs.

Cheers

--
katelev
July 4, 2005 11:02:07 PM

Backup, backup, backup. I don't think you should be too worried...if
they're swapping your current board with a working board which is exactly
the same model, they shouldn't have to touch the drive's data. Good
repairers will even take your current BIOS settings across to the new board
for minimal disruption.

!