Stuttering sound WXP Pro

Rich

I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it
seems to be most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer
is XP Pro SP2 with the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to
resolve this stuttering but nothing seems to work. It seems that after a
reboot the problem doesn't become apparent right away for what ever reason
it takes time for this behavior to start, I don't know what triggers it to
start the stutter.

Has anyone come across a cure for this?

Asus P4B533
Pent III 2Ghrz
1 Gig Ram
Sound Blaster Live
Nvidia FX5500

Thanks for any help, Rich

Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound card?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
>I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it seems to be
>most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer is XP Pro SP2 with
>the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to resolve this stuttering but
>nothing seems to work. It seems that after a reboot the problem doesn't become
>apparent right away for what ever reason it takes time for this behavior to start, I
>don't know what triggers it to start the stutter.
>
> Has anyone come across a cure for this?
>
> Asus P4B533
> Pent III 2Ghrz
> 1 Gig Ram
> Sound Blaster Live
> Nvidia FX5500
>

> Thanks for any help, Rich

Rich

Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.

It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.

Rich

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound card?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
>>I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it
>>seems to be most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer
>>is XP Pro SP2 with the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to
>>resolve this stuttering but nothing seems to work. It seems that after a
>>reboot the problem doesn't become apparent right away for what ever reason
>>it takes time for this behavior to start, I don't know what triggers it to
>>start the stutter.
>>
>> Has anyone come across a cure for this?
>>
>> Asus P4B533
>> Pent III 2Ghrz
>> 1 Gig Ram
>> Sound Blaster Live
>> Nvidia FX5500
>>

>> Thanks for any help, Rich

If it is a PCI bus interupt issue, move the sound card to a different slot.

Rich wrote:

> Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
> versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.
>

> It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.
>
> Rich
>

> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound card?
>>
>>--
>>Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>http://office.microsoft.com/
>>http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>"Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it
>>>seems to be most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer
>>>is XP Pro SP2 with the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to
>>>resolve this stuttering but nothing seems to work. It seems that after a
>>>reboot the problem doesn't become apparent right away for what ever reason
>>>it takes time for this behavior to start, I don't know what triggers it to
>>>start the stutter.
>>>
>>>Has anyone come across a cure for this?
>>>
>>>Asus P4B533
>>>Pent III 2Ghrz
>>>1 Gig Ram
>>>Sound Blaster Live
>>>Nvidia FX5500
>>>

>>>Thanks for any help, Rich

Rich

I followed gb's advice and removed the CL drivers and let XP install it's
own drivers and I haven't heard the stuttering again.

Thanks for the help everyone, Rich

> If it is a PCI bus interupt issue, move the sound card to a different
> slot.
>
> Rich wrote:
>
>> Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
>> versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.
>>

>> It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.
>>
>> Rich
>>

>> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound
>>>card?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>>http://office.microsoft.com/
>>>http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>"Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message

Rich

The only problem I have now is that I don't hear anything from the rear
speakers without the driver from CL's but I don't have the stutter so I'm
one step closer to having everything as it should be.

Rich
"Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message
>I followed gb's advice and removed the CL drivers and let XP install it's
>own drivers and I haven't heard the stuttering again.
>
> Thanks for the help everyone, Rich
>

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> If it is a PCI bus interupt issue, move the sound card to a different
>> slot.
>>
>> Rich wrote:
>>
>>> Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
>>> versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.
>>>

>>> It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.
>>>
>>> Rich
>>>

>>> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

Then Contacting Creative and getting latest drivers may be the cure.