Stuttering sound WXP Pro

I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it
seems to be most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer
is XP Pro SP2 with the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to
resolve this stuttering but nothing seems to work. It seems that after a
reboot the problem doesn't become apparent right away for what ever reason
it takes time for this behavior to start, I don't know what triggers it to
start the stutter.

Has anyone come across a cure for this?

Asus P4B533
Pent III 2Ghrz
1 Gig Ram
Sound Blaster Live
Nvidia FX5500

Thanks for any help, Rich
6 answers Last reply
More about stuttering sound

    Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound card?

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
    >I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it seems to be
    >most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer is XP Pro SP2 with
    >the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to resolve this stuttering but
    >nothing seems to work. It seems that after a reboot the problem doesn't become
    >apparent right away for what ever reason it takes time for this behavior to start, I
    >don't know what triggers it to start the stutter.
    >
    > Has anyone come across a cure for this?
    >
    > Asus P4B533
    > Pent III 2Ghrz
    > 1 Gig Ram
    > Sound Blaster Live
    > Nvidia FX5500
    >

    > Thanks for any help, Rich

    Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
    versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.

    It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.

    Rich

    "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound card?
    >
    > --
    > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    > http://office.microsoft.com/
    > http://msauer.mvps.org/
    > "Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
    >>I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it
    >>seems to be most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer
    >>is XP Pro SP2 with the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to
    >>resolve this stuttering but nothing seems to work. It seems that after a
    >>reboot the problem doesn't become apparent right away for what ever reason
    >>it takes time for this behavior to start, I don't know what triggers it to
    >>start the stutter.
    >>
    >> Has anyone come across a cure for this?
    >>
    >> Asus P4B533
    >> Pent III 2Ghrz
    >> 1 Gig Ram
    >> Sound Blaster Live
    >> Nvidia FX5500
    >>

    >> Thanks for any help, Rich

    If it is a PCI bus interupt issue, move the sound card to a different slot.

    Rich wrote:

    > Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
    > versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.
    >

    > It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.
    >
    > Rich
    >

    > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound card?
    >>
    >>--
    >>Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    >>http://office.microsoft.com/
    >>http://msauer.mvps.org/
    >>"Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have this stuttering sound when I play MP3, WMA, and MPEG files but it
    >>>seems to be most noticeable when playing MP3 files in Winamp. The computer
    >>>is XP Pro SP2 with the latest patches etc. I have tried many things to
    >>>resolve this stuttering but nothing seems to work. It seems that after a
    >>>reboot the problem doesn't become apparent right away for what ever reason
    >>>it takes time for this behavior to start, I don't know what triggers it to
    >>>start the stutter.
    >>>
    >>>Has anyone come across a cure for this?
    >>>
    >>>Asus P4B533
    >>>Pent III 2Ghrz
    >>>1 Gig Ram
    >>>Sound Blaster Live
    >>>Nvidia FX5500
    >>>

    >>>Thanks for any help, Rich

    I followed gb's advice and removed the CL drivers and let XP install it's
    own drivers and I haven't heard the stuttering again.

    Thanks for the help everyone, Rich

    > If it is a PCI bus interupt issue, move the sound card to a different
    > slot.
    >
    > Rich wrote:
    >
    >> Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
    >> versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.
    >>

    >> It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.
    >>
    >> Rich
    >>

    >> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Have you checked to see if there is an updated driver for your sound
    >>>card?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    >>>http://office.microsoft.com/
    >>>http://msauer.mvps.org/
    >>>"Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com> wrote in message

    The only problem I have now is that I don't hear anything from the rear
    speakers without the driver from CL's but I don't have the stutter so I'm
    one step closer to having everything as it should be.

    Rich
    "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message
    >I followed gb's advice and removed the CL drivers and let XP install it's
    >own drivers and I haven't heard the stuttering again.
    >
    > Thanks for the help everyone, Rich
    >

    > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> If it is a PCI bus interupt issue, move the sound card to a different
    >> slot.
    >>
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes I did that and the video driver and they are all at there latest
    >>> versions, BIOS is up to the latest version as well.
    >>>

    >>> It seems like an interrupt problem but I just can't track it down.
    >>>
    >>> Rich
    >>>

    >>> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

    Then Contacting Creative and getting latest drivers may be the cure.

Windows XP