Computer Automatically Shuts Down

moh4mm4d Wrote:
> thanx all, il get the diagnstic program n il tel u hw it goes.
i went to my hard drive manufacture site (Maxtor) and it says i have to
download a file onto my computer, make a floppy disk. n it says
"WARNING: ALL DATA WILL BE LOST WHEN PERFORMING THE LOW LEVEL FORMAT
QUICK OR FULL OPTIONS." does this mean the data on my hard drive will
be erased or have i misread it and its on about the floppy disk or
sumthing.

--
moh4mm4d

DO NOT PICK FORMAT!

moh4mm4d wrote:

> moh4mm4d Wrote:
>
>>thanx all, il get the diagnstic program n il tel u hw it goes.
>
> i went to my hard drive manufacture site (Maxtor) and it says i have to
> download a file onto my computer, make a floppy disk. n it says
> "WARNING: ALL DATA WILL BE LOST WHEN PERFORMING THE LOW LEVEL FORMAT
> QUICK OR FULL OPTIONS." does this mean the data on my hard drive will
> be erased or have i misread it and its on about the floppy disk or
> sumthing.

My computer is very slow starting up and sometimes it turns itself off while
starting up and on back on, can someone tell me whats wrong with it?

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGllIEcu?= wrote:

> My computer is very slow starting up and sometimes it turns itself off while
> starting up and on back on, can someone tell me whats wrong with it?

Could be anything from a bad driver, bad external hardware, or even an
almost full hard disk. An easy thing to try is to disconnect any
external devices including internet/LAN cables and see how it boots up.
In other words, sometimes people drop off pcs to me saying the same
thing but when I start them with just a mouse/monitor connected it boots
up fine. Sometimes there is just no more room on C:

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/