New RAM - cant boot PC

July 1, 2005 10:05:35 PM

Got 2 sticks of new RAM. Exactly same as my other 2 sticks except
different make.

No matter what combination i try, i cant get them to work. The pc
powers up, with the green and orange light on constantly, but the
monitor never powers up.

Could both of these RAM sticks be damaged?

Please help!

Thanks

New RAM - http://tinyurl.com/7vw4a

Motherboard -
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8v/overview....

--
Vullcan

More about : ram boot

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:55:19 PM

is it listed here??
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/qvl/A8V_QVL.pdf
I noticed the description says 1gb but ASUS only verified 512 mb modules
peterk

the problem
"Vullcan" <Vullcan.1ril1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Got 2 sticks of new RAM. Exactly same as my other 2 sticks except
> different make.
>
> No matter what combination i try, i cant get them to work. The pc
> powers up, with the green and orange light on constantly, but the
> monitor never powers up.
>
> Could both of these RAM sticks be damaged?
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks
>
> New RAM - http://tinyurl.com/7vw4a
>
> Motherboard -
> http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8v/overview....
>

> --
> Vullcan
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:19:41 AM

Whenever I build computers (frequently) I always purchase what I need at the
beginning. If I have to upgrade a computer I will remove what is in there
now and get what I need from a manufacturer (I can always use the removed
RAM in another computer down the line). This way all of the sticks are
usually from the same date/batch/run. I also buy from reputable
manufacturers with great warranty policies!

I seldom have problems with RAM.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Vullcan" <Vullcan.1ril1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Got 2 sticks of new RAM. Exactly same as my other 2 sticks except
> different make.
>
> No matter what combination i try, i cant get them to work. The pc
> powers up, with the green and orange light on constantly, but the
> monitor never powers up.
>
> Could both of these RAM sticks be damaged?
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks
>
> New RAM - http://tinyurl.com/7vw4a
>
> Motherboard -