Scrolling Monitor Bands... end the insanity

I’m having some PC monitor trouble. The PC boots and runs fine, etc.,
but the display shows a band of lightly garbled pixels slowly running
down the screen from top to bottom.

Each band is about 2.5 inches apart and each is about a half-inch
wide. The just slowly scroll down the page over and over.

I updated the driver. It’s a Dell E772c monitor with an Intel graphics
controller, which Windows XP says is working properly. (graph mode is
1024x768 true color @ 75Hz)

Can anyone give my a hint about how to diagnose the cause of this
problem?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Scrolling-Monitor-Bands-end-insanity-ftopict551915.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749065

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"lanaiguy" wrote:
> I'm having some PC monitor trouble. The PC boots and runs
> fine, etc., but the display shows a band of lightly garbled
> pixels slowly running down the screen from top to bottom.
>
> Each band is about 2.5 inches apart and each is about a
> half-inch wide. The just slowly scroll down the page over and
> over.
>
> I updated the driver. It's a Dell E772c monitor with an Intel
> graphics controller, which Windows XP says is working
> properly. (graph mode is 1024x768 true color @ 75Hz)
>
> Can anyone give my a hint about how to diagnose the cause of
> this problem?

have you tried diffrent resolutions and refresh rates?

Sparda wrote:
> "lanaiguy" wrote:
>> I'm having some PC monitor trouble. The PC boots and runs
>> fine, etc., but the display shows a band of lightly garbled
>> pixels slowly running down the screen from top to bottom.
>>
>> Each band is about 2.5 inches apart and each is about a
>> half-inch wide. The just slowly scroll down the page over and
>> over.
>>
>> I updated the driver. It's a Dell E772c monitor with an Intel
>> graphics controller, which Windows XP says is working
>> properly. (graph mode is 1024x768 true color @ 75Hz)
>>
>> Can anyone give my a hint about how to diagnose the cause of
>> this problem?
>
> have you tried diffrent resolutions and refresh rates?

Also, remove any other electrical devices from the vicinity of the
monitor and place the computer and monitor on their own wall outlet
without any surge protector. If this helps then it might be the surge
protector or electrical interference with the monitor.

TRENDING THREADS