Intel 875pbz mobo windows xp pro adn three SATA drives??

I am in the process of upgrading my pc and I alreadyy have two WD Raptors in
a RAID 0 Array on an Intel D875PBZ motherboard, which as far as I know takes
up both SATA ports on the mobo (unless there is a better way to connects
them, using only one of the SATA connectors on the mobo). I just purchased
another SATA drive a Maxtor Diamond 10 HDD. How can I connect it to my
motherboard? Is there a SATA to IDE cable? Or Converter? Is there a way to
hook my two Raptors (in the RAID 0 array) together and end up using only one
of the SATA connectors on the Intel D875PBZ motherboard? Also, if you are
unsure on how I can fix this problem, can you direct me to where I might
locate the information that I need? Intel? Microsoft? Microsoft forums?
Please help....
--
Thank you in advance

The 2 SATA drives must be connected indepently to a board connector,you'll
need a add in SATA or RAID connector for the 3rd drive.Why did you purchase
another SATA drive w/o a connector on the board...If it was mine,i'd return
the
3rd SATA drive and purchase a IDE drive,as you have those connections.

"Johnny Ragazzo" <JohnnyRagazzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in the process of upgrading my pc and I alreadyy have two WD Raptors
>in
> a RAID 0 Array on an Intel D875PBZ motherboard, which as far as I know
> takes
> up both SATA ports on the mobo (unless there is a better way to connects
> them, using only one of the SATA connectors on the mobo). I just
> purchased
> another SATA drive a Maxtor Diamond 10 HDD. How can I connect it to my
> motherboard? Is there a SATA to IDE cable? Or Converter? Is there a way
> hook my two Raptors (in the RAID 0 array) together and end up using only
> one
> of the SATA connectors on the Intel D875PBZ motherboard? Also, if you are
> unsure on how I can fix this problem, can you direct me to where I might
> locate the information that I need? Intel? Microsoft? Microsoft forums?
> Please help....
> --
> Thank you in advance

Buy a SATA card.

Remember that by using an SATA/IDE adapter you lose all the extended
capabilities of the SATA drive. It will perform no better than a standard
IDE drive.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Johnny Ragazzo" <JohnnyRagazzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in the process of upgrading my pc and I alreadyy have two WD Raptors
>in
> a RAID 0 Array on an Intel D875PBZ motherboard, which as far as I know
> takes
> up both SATA ports on the mobo (unless there is a better way to connects
> them, using only one of the SATA connectors on the mobo). I just
> purchased
> another SATA drive a Maxtor Diamond 10 HDD. How can I connect it to my
> motherboard? Is there a SATA to IDE cable? Or Converter? Is there a way
> hook my two Raptors (in the RAID 0 array) together and end up using only
> one
> of the SATA connectors on the Intel D875PBZ motherboard? Also, if you are
> unsure on how I can fix this problem, can you direct me to where I might
> locate the information that I need? Intel? Microsoft? Microsoft forums?
> Please help....
> --
> Thank you in advance

dl

You can purchase an ide/sata converter, whether you lose any 'speed' I
havent looked.
But why buy a sata drive if you have no mobo connectors?

"Johnny Ragazzo" <JohnnyRagazzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am in the process of upgrading my pc and I alreadyy have two WD Raptors
in
> a RAID 0 Array on an Intel D875PBZ motherboard, which as far as I know
takes
> up both SATA ports on the mobo (unless there is a better way to connects
> them, using only one of the SATA connectors on the mobo). I just
purchased
> another SATA drive a Maxtor Diamond 10 HDD. How can I connect it to my
> motherboard? Is there a SATA to IDE cable? Or Converter? Is there a way
> hook my two Raptors (in the RAID 0 array) together and end up using only
one
> of the SATA connectors on the Intel D875PBZ motherboard? Also, if you are
> unsure on how I can fix this problem, can you direct me to where I might
> locate the information that I need? Intel? Microsoft? Microsoft forums?
> Please help....
> --
> Thank you in advance

I bought the SATA drive because I am in the midst of upgrading my entire
computer. I will be getting a mobo with multiple SATA connectors on it.
Which converter is the best one to buy? Brand?
--
Thank you in advance