OK, given DireRadiant's recent score of a Roadblasters cab, I've
decided to keep an eye out for an Atari System 1 cab in decent shape
around in my area.

I know there's gotta be a simple way to find this (I'm guessing,
though), but, as usual, I'm a bit out of the loop.

Perhaps the wonder that is MAWS?

I just saw a Roadblasters CP on ebay for only US$80 (shipping
included) that I almost bid on, but I didn't in the end as it's a
metal CP and I've no idea how I'd make that fit my current cab, "The
LameMAME(TM)" which is all wood.

Thanks for any and all help!!

--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)

Rutger6559 thought about it a bit, then said...

> OK, given DireRadiant's recent score of a Roadblasters cab, I've
> decided to keep an eye out for an Atari System 1 cab in decent shape
> around in my area.
>
> I know there's gotta be a simple way to find this (I'm guessing,
> though), but, as usual, I'm a bit out of the loop.
>
> Perhaps the wonder that is MAWS?
>
> I just saw a Roadblasters CP on ebay for only US$80 (shipping
> included) that I almost bid on, but I didn't in the end as it's a
> metal CP and I've no idea how I'd make that fit my current cab, "The
> LameMAME(TM)" which is all wood.
>
> Thanks for any and all help!!

As far as I know there were five System 1 games:

Marble Madness
Road Blaster
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Road Runner
Peter Pack Rat

Here's some great info about Atari System 1 machines:

http://members.tripod.com/~AWalden/
http://www.system16.com/atari/hrdw_system1.html

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Rutger6559 played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather
and concrete saxophone

> I just saw a Roadblasters CP on ebay for only US$80 (shipping
> included) that I almost bid on, but I didn't in the end as it's a
> metal CP and I've no idea how I'd make that fit my current cab, "The
> LameMAME(TM)" which is all wood.

Well the way it works in mine is pretty simple. just under where the CP
fits on the cab there are two draw catch type clips that hook onto lugs on
the underside of the panel then there are two screws that go through the
front of the panel to secure everything. Let me know if you want pictures.

--
Neil

Rutger6559 wrote:

> OK, given DireRadiant's recent score of a Roadblasters cab, I've
> decided to keep an eye out for an Atari System 1 cab in decent shape
> around in my area.

The system one games I know of are
RoadBlasters
RoadRunner vs. Coyote
Marble Madness
Indiana Jones

In a parallel universe, Anti-Kevin Steele said exactly the opposite of:

[list of system 1 games]
> Peter Pack Rat

Was that very common? I only saw it once in the wild and it was lots of
fun!

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

K.os played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
concrete saxophone

> In a parallel universe, Anti-Kevin Steele said exactly the opposite of:
>
> [list of system 1 games]
>> Peter Pack Rat
>
> Was that very common? I only saw it once in the wild and it was lots of
> fun!
>
> *-) K.os

Good point. I've never actually seen a Peter Packrat

--
Neil

Dire Radiant thought about it a bit, then said...
> K.os played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
> concrete saxophone
>
> > In a parallel universe, Anti-Kevin Steele said exactly the opposite of:
> >
> > [list of system 1 games]
> >> Peter Pack Rat
> >
> > Was that very common? I only saw it once in the wild and it was lots of
> > fun!
> >
> > *-) K.os
>
> Good point. I've never actually seen a Peter Packrat

Actually, I never saw a Road Runner in the arcades, either...

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com

In a parallel universe, Anti-Kevin Steele said exactly the opposite of:

> Dire Radiant thought about it a bit, then said...
>> K.os played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather and
>> concrete saxophone
>>
>> > In a parallel universe, Anti-Kevin Steele said exactly the opposite
>> > of:
>> >
>> > [list of system 1 games]
>> >
>> > Was that very common? I only saw it once in the wild and it was
>> > lots of fun!
>> >
>> > *-) K.os
>>
>> Good point. I've never actually seen a Peter Packrat
>
> Actually, I never saw a Road Runner in the arcades, either...

Saw one many many years ago at the local 24H Bowling/arcade. Actually the
same place I saw the Peter Packrat and a bunch of other games.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:19:34 -0400, Kevin Steele
<net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:

<snip>

>Actually, I never saw a Road Runner in the arcades, either...

I never saw one either. Odd, since it was an Atari game.

Thanks for all the info guys!

--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:14:16 -0500, Dire Radiant
<visionism@geemale.com> wrote:

>Let me know if you want pictures.

Yes, please! Whenever you can find the time, of course, and only if
it's not too much trouble!

Either way, thanks!

--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)

Rutger6559 played the following on an explodable self-inflating leather
and concrete saxophone

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:14:16 -0500, Dire Radiant
> <visionism@geemale.com> wrote:
>
>>Let me know if you want pictures.
>
> Yes, please! Whenever you can find the time, of course, and only if
> it's not too much trouble!
>
> Either way, thanks!

*gets out camera with broken LCD and duct tape holding the battery door
closed where you have to switch it on, take the memory card out and
reinsert it before it'll take pictures* Look its not my fault, my wife
dropped it getting out of the car! lol

Pics should be up later today.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:13:52 -0500, Dire Radiant
<visionism@geemale.com> wrote:

<snip>

>Pics should be up later today.

Great! Many thanks!