Monitor not working after XP installation

I installed XP Pro over Windows 98 without any problems. Then, on starting
up the machine, my monitor doesn't work. The power is on and, when i unplug
the signal lead from the back of my pc, the monitor comes up with 'no signal'
on the screen. When i plug it in again, it goes back to being completely
blank.

What have i done wrong?

james_sap,
It may be what you _haven't_ done.
Did you install the drivers for that particular video card?
Did you install the mobo chipset drivers?
What brand & model computer?

"What have i done wrong?"
You didn't give us enough to go on.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

In additional to what Treeman provide (video card and/or mobo drivers), you
may need to also install the monitor drivers for your specific make/model of
monitor(s), so XP and your video card is aware of your monitor
capabilities - i.e. possible refresh rates, etc.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"james_sap" <jamessap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed XP Pro over Windows 98 without any problems. Then, on starting
> up the machine, my monitor doesn't work. The power is on and, when i
> unplug
> the signal lead from the back of my pc, the monitor comes up with 'no
> signal'
> on the screen. When i plug it in again, it goes back to being completely
> blank.
>
> What have i done wrong?

TRENDING THREADS