Hi, Thinking of getting an AN7 and 2500 Barton, anybody tell me anything about this stepping?
Thanks..
AXMH2500FQQ4C T846993C40797 AQYHA 0410TPAW

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Nico" <NicoDC@pi.be> wrote in message news:c5m8c8$7qa$1@reader08.wxs.nl...
> The cpu is unlocked because it's from week 10 of 2004.

Eh? How do you figure that its unlocked "because it's from week 10 of
2004."?

All normal Bartons after week 39 are locked, as you say later on.

Luckily for the OP, the part he refers to is actually a Mobile Barton, which
is unlocked anyway. All mobile Bartons are unlocked, irrespective of week
number. The 10/2004 has nothing to do with it.

Chip

> You can set your
> multiplier to any value you want. My 2500 barton runs at 2300 Mhz and is
> watercooled. With a good aircooling you can reach the 2200 Mhz. It all
> depends on the memory. Use 400 Mhz DDR for a goor overclock. My FSB is set
> to 200 and vcore at 1.85v. The cpu's above week 39 are all
multiplierlocked.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Martin Christensen" <martinrc@R3M0V3_TH|S.tjekket.dk> wrote in message
> But the AN7 has the Nforce2 chip right. Doesn't that allow to change the
> multiplier anyway?

Only with unlocked chips. There is no board in existance that will unlock a
locked chip.

Chip.

> Martin
>

> "Nico" <NicoDC@pi.be> skrev i en meddelelse
> > The cpu is unlocked because it's from week 10 of 2004. You can set your
> > multiplier to any value you want. My 2500 barton runs at 2300 Mhz and is
> > watercooled. With a good aircooling you can reach the 2200 Mhz. It all
> > depends on the memory. Use 400 Mhz DDR for a goor overclock. My FSB is
set
> > to 200 and vcore at 1.85v. The cpu's above week 39 are all
> multiplierlocked.

But the AN7 has the Nforce2 chip right. Doesn't that allow to change the
multiplier anyway?

Martin

"Nico" <NicoDC@pi.be> skrev i en meddelelse
> The cpu is unlocked because it's from week 10 of 2004. You can set your
> multiplier to any value you want. My 2500 barton runs at 2300 Mhz and is
> watercooled. With a good aircooling you can reach the 2200 Mhz. It all
> depends on the memory. Use 400 Mhz DDR for a goor overclock. My FSB is set
> to 200 and vcore at 1.85v. The cpu's above week 39 are all
multiplierlocked.

Week 39 of 2003 might be what is confusing people not 2004. We have not had
week 39 of 2004 yet.

"lazya" <lazya@email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Thinking of getting an AN7 and 2500 Barton, anybody tell me anything
about this stepping?
> Thanks..
> AXMH2500FQQ4C T846993C40797 AQYHA 0410TPAW

Don't do it - AN7's are atrocious.
Get a DFI Infinity and mobile Barton ..... MUAHAHA ..... MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAA