MAME32 Game Screen Size Odd On Some Games

Hi
Just completing my MAME cabinet, its an Atomiswave cabinet with a VGA
monitor. I'm running Win98 at 640X480, MAME32 front end. Some games
(Like DK or 1942) run in a small window in the centre of the screen, it
looks with DK like it needs to flip from landscape to portrait
Other games like Asteriods use the full screen and some scrolling
shooters also seem fine.
Any ideas what this can be? I'm using an on-board graphics card but do
have a card from Ultimarc that I could use (but was hoping that as I
have basically a PC monitor I could use that)
Cheers
Shaun

hp

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

<shaunsizen@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Just completing my MAME cabinet, its an Atomiswave cabinet with a VGA
> monitor. I'm running Win98 at 640X480, MAME32 front end. Some games
> (Like DK or 1942) run in a small window in the centre of the screen, it
> looks with DK like it needs to flip from landscape to portrait
> Other games like Asteriods use the full screen and some scrolling
> shooters also seem fine.
> Any ideas what this can be? I'm using an on-board graphics card but do
> have a card from Ultimarc that I could use (but was hoping that as I
> have basically a PC monitor I could use that)
> Cheers
> Shaun

Hello Shaun...... remember me? You bought a cabinet from me (Eastbourne)
around 12 months ago.

I can't answer your query..... except say try delete the ini file for that
rom...... but here is something that could be useful to you for future
cabinets. Much more expensive but worth every penny...... I have the 29"
Galaxy Cabinet : www.killercabs.com