2500 to 3200 not working

I have an option on my NF7-S to overclock the 2500 barton in here to 3200+.
11x200. when i do that, it boots but right before windows begins to load, it
resets or goes to the F8 screen. what else do i need to consider?
fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even while
playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change voltage?

loosen ram timings, add vcore up to id say 1.8, etc
"Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an option on my NF7-S to overclock the 2500 barton in here to
3200+.
> 11x200. when i do that, it boots but right before windows begins to load,
it
> resets or goes to the F8 screen. what else do i need to consider?
> fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
> pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even while
> playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change voltage?

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

what else do i need to consider?
> fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
> pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even while
> playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change voltage?

Mine did this until I upped vcore to 1.775, then no problems.

lee

yeah definately relax memory timings to something like 2.5-3-3-7 the
difference between cas 2 and 2.5 is there is no difference :) and probably
need to up your vcore alittle.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:59:01 GMT, "Mike B" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote:

>:>I have an option on my NF7-S to overclock the 2500 barton in here to 3200+.
>:>11x200. when i do that, it boots but right before windows begins to load, it
>:>resets or goes to the F8 screen. what else do i need to consider?
>:>fsb on mobo is 400, ram(ONE STICK in third slot) is showing as
>:>pc3200(2-3-3-5), cpu temp is at 40 idle and never gets above 50 even while
>:>playing halo. i'm not sure what else to do. do i need to change voltage?
>:>

-----
Lee.