PCB repair pen/goo - any recommended type / UK sources?

Greetings achoa

I am looking around for a PCB repair pen, or goo, for XP>MP mod.
Preferably in UK.

Having discovered that what Maplins say they have in stock doesn't
necessarily reflect what they actually do have in stock, (and my
Googling for this has been a miserable failure), I turn here for help.

Any one know of a (preferably) UK supplier of this?
Or preferred brand/type?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers
--
Roger Hunt

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:20:31 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:

> I am looking around for a PCB repair pen, or goo, for XP>MP mod.
> Preferably in UK.

Rear window defogger repair kit form the auto supply store.

In article <pan.2004.04.17.06.15.51.264395@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes
>On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:20:31 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:
>
>> I am looking around for a PCB repair pen, or goo, for XP>MP mod.
>> Preferably in UK.
>>
>Rear window defogger repair kit form the auto supply store.

Thank you! Probably far cheaper than exotic stuff.

Couple of questions though ...
Will it take solder, and how do I get it off when I've messed up?

Regards
--
Roger Hunt

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:35:52 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:

> In article <pan.2004.04.17.06.15.51.264395@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
> Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes
>>On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:20:31 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking around for a PCB repair pen, or goo, for XP>MP mod.
>>> Preferably in UK.
>>>
>>Rear window defogger repair kit form the auto supply store.
>>
> Thank you! Probably far cheaper than exotic stuff.
>
> Couple of questions though ...
> Will it take solder, and how do I get it off when I've messed up?

You won't need any solder for an XP>MP mod. You can scrape it off. It's
just conductive paint.

In article <pan.2004.04.17.09.26.52.694990@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes
>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:35:52 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:
>
>> In article <pan.2004.04.17.06.15.51.264395@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
>> Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes

>>>Rear window defogger repair kit form the auto supply store.
>>>
>> Thank you! Probably far cheaper than exotic stuff.
>>
>> Couple of questions though ...
>> Will it take solder, and how do I get it off when I've messed up?
>>
>You won't need any solder for an XP>MP mod. You can scrape it off. It's
>just conductive paint.

I know I don't need solder for this job, but there are others I have in
mind. I'll see what the man in the shop says.
--
Roger Hunt

In article <pan.2004.04.17.09.26.52.694990@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes
>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:35:52 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:
>
>> In article <pan.2004.04.17.06.15.51.264395@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
>> Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes

>>>Rear window defogger repair kit form the auto supply store.
>>>
>> Thank you! Probably far cheaper than exotic stuff.
>>
>> Couple of questions though ...
>> Will it take solder, and how do I get it off when I've messed up?
>>
>You won't need any solder for an XP>MP mod. You can scrape it off. It's
>just conductive paint.

I know I don't need solder for this job, but there are others I have in
mind.

Rgds
--
Roger Hunt

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:47:38 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:

> In article <pan.2004.04.17.09.26.52.694990@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
> Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes
>>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:35:52 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:
>>
>>> In article <pan.2004.04.17.06.15.51.264395@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
>>> Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes

>>> Thank you! Probably far cheaper than exotic stuff.
>>>
>>> Couple of questions though ...
>>> Will it take solder, and how do I get it off when I've messed up?
>>>
>>You won't need any solder for an XP>MP mod. You can scrape it off. It's
>>just conductive paint.
>>
> I know I don't need solder for this job, but there are others I have in
> mind. I'll see what the man in the shop says.

You won't be able to solder to it with good results. It's paint. It will
burn. And can't for life of me figure out any occasion you would ever need
to solder to paint. Either forget the paint and solder to the point where
you were going to paint from, or paint all the way to the end. If you need
to ads wire to the end, paint it on.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:47:38 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:

> I know I don't need solder for this job, but there are others I have in
> mind. I'll see what the man in the shop says.

What I meant to say was that you could paint each end of the wire to the
connection point or any point in between.

In article <pan.2004.04.17.23.31.48.385937@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes
>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:47:38 +0100, Roger Hunt wrote:
>
>> In article <pan.2004.04.17.09.26.52.694990@TAKEOUTverizon.net>, Wes
>> Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> writes

>>>You won't need any solder for an XP>MP mod. You can scrape it off. It's
>>>just conductive paint.
>>>
>> I know I don't need solder for this job, but there are others I have in
>> mind. I'll see what the man in the shop says.
>
>You won't be able to solder to it with good results. It's paint. It will
>burn. And can't for life of me figure out any occasion you would ever need
>to solder to paint. Either forget the paint and solder to the point where
>you were going to paint from, or paint all the way to the end. If you need
>to ads wire to the end, paint it on.

I think we have now established that the product you have mentioned does
not fulfil my requirements.
Thank you for your help.
--
Roger Hunt