Which watercool Kit?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
April 21, 2004 1:15:23 AM

Im wanting to buy a watercooling Kit for my CPU and also the Northbridge.
Does anyone have any reccomandations on a good Kit that I could buy? not
wanting to buy the parts seperately though just as a whole kit.
thanks

More about : watercool kit

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 21, 2004 1:38:58 AM

Try the kit builder at www.over-clock.co.uk

Why would you not want to buy the parts separately? You get the best bang
for your buck that way IMO.

Try a 1/2" inner diameter setup, Danger Den blocks, Thermochill rad, Hydor
L30/Eheim 1250 pump (or maybe the new DD 12V pump) and a DD reservoir.

FWIW, I'd avoid the NB waterblock (very restrictive although a new design
may be on the way) and go for something like a Microcool Northpole instead.

Difficult to be more specific without an idea of what hardware you have, how
hard you overclock and whether you want to use TECs or not.

HTH

Anthony

"chris" <rbarr77@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> Im wanting to buy a watercooling Kit for my CPU and also the Northbridge.
> Does anyone have any reccomandations on a good Kit that I could buy? not
> wanting to buy the parts seperately though just as a whole kit.
> thanks

April 21, 2004 1:55:17 AM

Basically i, ve never had a watercool system before and very new to the
whole thing so I thought a kit would be a good idea as it maybe easier to
set uo as i would get all parts, info etc. dont get me wrong im not daft
just a little new, been doing a lot of reading and I thought the Danger Den
kits at coolercase.co.uk looked good. these had almost the same parts as
you mentioned.
I have a mobile athlon 2500 and a DFI Infinity board, Memory is Corsair 3700
and Im running at just over 2500 at the mo on aircooling, also have a
Thermaltake 480w butterfly PSU, I really want to get as much as as I can out
of the thing (just to piss my Brother in law off as he has a 3.4 gig P4 aand
thinks its the dogs bollocks, so I would love to get my £60 CPU killing
his!!)
not sure on the TEC , not really read up on it, Is this a better idea? will
i get more from it with my hardware?

"anthonyi" <anthony.i67_xxx@ntlworld_xxx.com> wrote in message
> Try the kit builder at www.over-clock.co.uk
>
> Why would you not want to buy the parts separately? You get the best bang
> for your buck that way IMO.
>
> Try a 1/2" inner diameter setup, Danger Den blocks, Thermochill rad, Hydor
> L30/Eheim 1250 pump (or maybe the new DD 12V pump) and a DD reservoir.
>
> FWIW, I'd avoid the NB waterblock (very restrictive although a new design
> may be on the way) and go for something like a Microcool Northpole
instead.

> Difficult to be more specific without an idea of what hardware you have,
how
> hard you overclock and whether you want to use TECs or not.
>
> HTH
>
> Anthony
>

> "chris" <rbarr77@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Im wanting to buy a watercooling Kit for my CPU and also the
Northbridge.
> > Does anyone have any reccomandations on a good Kit that I could buy?
not
> > wanting to buy the parts seperately though just as a whole kit.
> > thanks

a b K Overclocking
April 21, 2004 6:37:21 AM

<snip>
Take a look at the kits from Asetek.
www.asetek.com

Helge
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 21, 2004 11:53:56 AM

OK.

Probably not TECs then - they're a fairly extreme solution.

My first watercooling kit was built from components and it was pretty
straightforward. If you buy a complete set of stuff from over-clock.co.uk
then you'll be able to use the guide on their site and it will build just
like a kit anyway. If you go for a kit first, you may end up wanting to
upgrade fairly quickly when you have got a bit of experience with
watercooling.

I would recommend the following (it's not the only way to go, just based on
my experience/preferences).

CPU waterblock: Danger Den Maze 4 or RBX (Maze 4 allows for potential
uograde to TEC at a later date, RBX not suitable for TEC use).

Pump: L30 (smaller than the Eheim 1250, mine is nice and quiet - maybe a
Danger Den 12V pump but I'm not convinced by what I've read about these).

Radiator: Thermochill 120.x series...as big as you can fit in your case. I
started with a 120.1 and have just ordered a 120.2. Use fans in push/pull
configuration through a controller.

Reservoir: Danger Den res - easy to fill and bleed.

Tubing: Tygon 1/2" ID (as for all above) or clearflex.

Plus assorted worm drive clips (metal) for securing hose, water wetter and a
decent thermal compound. Optional, but making life much easier:

Pump relay: Criticool Powerplant 2

To give you an idea, I use the above (Maze 4/L30/120.1/DD
reservoir/Tygon/Powerplant) and am v.happy with it. My XP-M 2500 is running
at 2.4GHz, 1.93 Vcore in an NF7-S v2.0 and folds 24/7. At sustained 100% CPU
load my CPU temps as reported by MBM are around 41c.

I would stick a high end air cooler on the northbridge and passive sinks on
the southbridge etc - the Microcool products are reputedly excellent for
both (I'm just about to replace a Zalman passive NB cooler with a Northpole
on my next upgrade).

HTH. Just remember, YMMV!.

> Basically i, ve never had a watercool system before and very new to the
> whole thing so I thought a kit would be a good idea as it maybe easier to
> set uo as i would get all parts, info etc. dont get me wrong im not daft
> just a little new, been doing a lot of reading and I thought the Danger
Den
> kits at coolercase.co.uk looked good. these had almost the same parts as
> you mentioned.
> I have a mobile athlon 2500 and a DFI Infinity board, Memory is Corsair
3700
> and Im running at just over 2500 at the mo on aircooling, also have a
> Thermaltake 480w butterfly PSU, I really want to get as much as as I can
out
> of the thing (just to piss my Brother in law off as he has a 3.4 gig P4
aand
> thinks its the dogs bollocks, so I would love to get my £60 CPU killing
> his!!)
> not sure on the TEC , not really read up on it, Is this a better idea?
will
> i get more from it with my hardware?
>
> "anthonyi" <anthony.i67_xxx@ntlworld_xxx.com> wrote in message
> > Try the kit builder at www.over-clock.co.uk
> >
> > Why would you not want to buy the parts separately? You get the best
bang
> > for your buck that way IMO.
> >
> > Try a 1/2" inner diameter setup, Danger Den blocks, Thermochill rad,
Hydor
> > L30/Eheim 1250 pump (or maybe the new DD 12V pump) and a DD reservoir.
> >
> > FWIW, I'd avoid the NB waterblock (very restrictive although a new
design
> > may be on the way) and go for something like a Microcool Northpole
> instead.
> >
> > Difficult to be more specific without an idea of what hardware you have,
> how
> > hard you overclock and whether you want to use TECs or not.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Anthony
> >

> > "chris" <rbarr77@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Im wanting to buy a watercooling Kit for my CPU and also the
> Northbridge.
> > > Does anyone have any reccomandations on a good Kit that I could buy?
> not
> > > wanting to buy the parts seperately though just as a whole kit.
> > > thanks

April 21, 2004 3:18:13 PM

"chris" <rbarr77@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> Basically i, ve never had a watercool system before and very new to the
> whole thing so I thought a kit would be a good idea as it maybe easier to
> set uo as i would get all parts, info etc. dont get me wrong im not daft
> just a little new, been doing a lot of reading and I thought the Danger
Den
> kits at coolercase.co.uk looked good. these had almost the same parts as
> you mentioned.
> I have a mobile athlon 2500 and a DFI Infinity board, Memory is Corsair
3700
> and Im running at just over 2500 at the mo on aircooling, also have a
> Thermaltake 480w butterfly PSU, I really want to get as much as as I can
out
> of the thing (just to piss my Brother in law off as he has a 3.4 gig P4
aand
> thinks its the dogs bollocks, so I would love to get my £60 CPU killing
> his!!)
> not sure on the TEC , not really read up on it, Is this a better idea?
will
> i get more from it with my hardware?

Have you seen the new Zalman "Reserator". It looks like the db's and I am
very tempted to get one myself. The review I saw of it gave it a big thumbs
up, and its silent too :-) It would be my first water setup too.

http://www.quietpc.com/uk/watercooling.php

Chip.

!