second drive erased by remote access

Help please I was downloading dvd movies from limewire and imesh5 and when i
restarted my computer i lost access to my D drive. All my media files were
on this drive (2000 + music files) please help me recover this drive. The
drive shows 0 bytes and ask if i want to reformat. I know if i reformat i
will lose everything. Should i kill myself or what???????

rmack18

Apparently, you also downloaded a virus that likely destroyed your files.
Visit www.google.com and search for "file recovery".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"rmack18" wrote:

| Help please I was downloading dvd movies from limewire and imesh5 and when i
| restarted my computer i lost access to my D drive. All my media files were
| on this drive (2000 + music files) please help me recover this drive. The
| drive shows 0 bytes and ask if i want to reformat. I know if i reformat i
| will lose everything. Should i kill myself or what???????
|
| rmack18

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try www.ontrack.com to see how much they will charge to try to recover the
data on the drive.

In article <OkC9OZygFHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com says...
> Try www.ontrack.com to see how much they will charge to try to recover the
> data on the drive.
>
> "rmack18" <rmack18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help please I was downloading dvd movies from limewire and imesh5 and
> > when i
> > restarted my computer i lost access to my D drive. All my media files
> > were
> > on this drive (2000 + music files) please help me recover this drive. The
> > drive shows 0 bytes and ask if i want to reformat. I know if i reformat i
> > will lose everything. Should i kill myself or what???????
> >
> > rmack18

Seems like a fitting end to pirated materials :)

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

I have a tip for you: greed will always stab you in the back.
Damo

"rmack18" <rmack18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please I was downloading dvd movies from limewire and imesh5 and
> when i
> restarted my computer i lost access to my D drive. All my media files
> were
> on this drive (2000 + music files) please help me recover this drive. The
> drive shows 0 bytes and ask if i want to reformat. I know if i reformat i
> will lose everything. Should i kill myself or what???????
>
> rmack18

Jim

Repost to another NON Micro$oft group.Most of the people here think your
just as bad as a pedophile now.Ridiculous.
When you repost DO NOT mention what kind of data you lost and be more
specific as to what exactly happened (i.e. error messages) when you tried to
access the drive.