Problems changing back to Region 2

kamal

I have the LG 4163B DVD-RW Drive.

I am currently stuck on region 5. How can I get it back to region 2.

WinDVD says I still got 1 change left but it won't work.

I get error saying region setting failed. I have even tried with a region 2
disc in drive but no luck

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uBJN52xgFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Kamal <whateverkamal@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> I have the LG 4163B DVD-RW Drive.
>

> I am currently stuck on region 5. How can I get it back to region 2.
>
> WinDVD says I still got 1 change left but it won't work.
>
> I get error saying region setting failed. I have even tried with a
> region 2 disc in drive but no luck

Try it through the properties in the device manager. WinKey + Pause Break
(or system icon in the control panel) > hardware tab > device manager >
expand CD/DVD > right click the drive in question > select properties > DVD
Region tab.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

kamal

Tried that but still no luck.

> In news:uBJN52xgFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Kamal <whateverkamal@hotmail.com> had this to say:

>> I have the LG 4163B DVD-RW Drive.
>>

>> I am currently stuck on region 5. How can I get it back to region 2.
>>
>> WinDVD says I still got 1 change left but it won't work.
>>
>> I get error saying region setting failed. I have even tried with a
>> region 2 disc in drive but no luck
>
> Try it through the properties in the device manager. WinKey + Pause Break
> (or system icon in the control panel) > hardware tab > device manager >
> expand CD/DVD > right click the drive in question > select properties >
> DVD Region tab.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23EV7Mn8gFHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Kamal <whateverkamal@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Tried that but still no luck.

Scrolling through here may help:

http://regionhacks.datatestlab.com/

If not then then a search for playing DVDs region free will probably pop up
a freeware solution (see sourceforge for instance) that will allow you to
play your movies without needing to keep switching DVD Regions.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:00:10 +0100, "Kamal" <whateverkamal@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have the LG 4163B DVD-RW Drive.
>

>I am currently stuck on region 5. How can I get it back to region 2.
>
>WinDVD says I still got 1 change left but it won't work.
>
>I get error saying region setting failed. I have even tried with a region 2
>disc in drive but no luck

Well, since XP has no ability to read/write DVDs (you have to use
third-party software for that) your question is misplaced. It has
nothing to do with XP.