Problems changing back to Region 2

I have the LG 4163B DVD-RW Drive.

I am currently stuck on region 5. How can I get it back to region 2.

WinDVD says I still got 1 change left but it won't work.

I get error saying region setting failed. I have even tried with a region 2
disc in drive but no luck
5 answers Last reply
More about problems changing back region

    In news:uBJN52xgFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Kamal <whateverkamal@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > I have the LG 4163B DVD-RW Drive.
    >

    > I am currently stuck on region 5. How can I get it back to region 2.
    >
    > WinDVD says I still got 1 change left but it won't work.
    >
    > I get error saying region setting failed. I have even tried with a
    > region 2 disc in drive but no luck

    Try it through the properties in the device manager. WinKey + Pause Break
    (or system icon in the control panel) > hardware tab > device manager >
    expand CD/DVD > right click the drive in question > select properties > DVD
    Region tab.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Tried that but still no luck.

    In news:%23EV7Mn8gFHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Kamal <whateverkamal@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > Tried that but still no luck.

    Scrolling through here may help:

    http://regionhacks.datatestlab.com/

    If not then then a search for playing DVDs region free will probably pop up
    a freeware solution (see sourceforge for instance) that will allow you to
    play your movies without needing to keep switching DVD Regions.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php is definitely the best source.

    --
    Electronic Punk
    Electronic Punk's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=1

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:00:10 +0100, "Kamal" <whateverkamal@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I have the LG 4163B DVD-RW Drive.
    >

    >I am currently stuck on region 5. How can I get it back to region 2.
    >
    >WinDVD says I still got 1 change left but it won't work.
    >
    >I get error saying region setting failed. I have even tried with a region 2
    >disc in drive but no luck

    Well, since XP has no ability to read/write DVDs (you have to use
    third-party software for that) your question is misplaced. It has
    nothing to do with XP.

Microsoft Windows XP