Wireless networking

I recently bought a wireless network router, and a laptop. tried setting up
the network as best I could. I can use the internet on the laptop, though
when I want to transfer files from my desktop to my laptop, it won't allow
me. How do I have that changed, or what precess do I do to enable it?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

If you can use the Internet from the Laptop then your problem has nothing to
do with Wireless.

You need to set the Network Sharing on all network computers (it is the same
on wired or Wireless).

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Kamil101" <Kamil101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently bought a wireless network router, and a laptop. tried setting
up
> the network as best I could. I can use the internet on the laptop, though
> when I want to transfer files from my desktop to my laptop, it won't allow
> me. How do I have that changed, or what precess do I do to enable it?

Thanks for the site, gonna check it out now. Though I had already tried to
enable this, I dont know if I did it properley. I will reply in a bit with
the results. Thanks for the site again Jack