Left mouse button not working

July 8, 2005 1:08:37 AM

Hi,
The left hand mouse button will not work on the desktop icons,nothing
will open unless I use the right and open button. I'm running Win XP
hope SP2.
I have tried all the usual mouse settings that came with windows and
the software for the mouse.
The mouse I am using is wireless but I have also tried others with the
same result.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

--
tynesider
Anonymous

Does the left button work everywhere except the desktop?
See if this will help:
Restore IE Desktop Shortcut Icon Functions: (Line 20)

Good Day
River Rat

"tynesider" <tynesider.1rtp1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

Hi,
The left hand mouse button will not work on the desktop icons,nothing
will open unless I use the right and open button. I'm running Win XP
hope SP2.
I have tried all the usual mouse settings that came with windows and
the software for the mouse.
The mouse I am using is wireless but I have also tried others with the
same result.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

--
tynesider
July 9, 2005 6:37:04 AM

"" wrote:
> Hi,
> The left hand mouse button will not work on the desktop
> icons,nothing
> will open unless I use the right and open button. I'm running
> Win XP
> hope SP2.
> I have tried all the usual mouse settings that came with
> windows and
> the software for the mouse.
> The mouse I am using is wireless but I have also tried others
> with the
> same result.
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> tynesider

If you used any third party drivers, probably want to reinstall them.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Left-mouse-button...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760509
!