Left mouse button not working

Hi,
The left hand mouse button will not work on the desktop icons,nothing
will open unless I use the right and open button. I'm running Win XP
hope SP2.
I have tried all the usual mouse settings that came with windows and
the software for the mouse.
The mouse I am using is wireless but I have also tried others with the
same result.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

--
tynesider
3 answers Last reply

    Does the left button work everywhere except the desktop?
    See if this will help:
    Restore IE Desktop Shortcut Icon Functions: (Line 20)

    Good Day
    River Rat

    "" wrote:
    > Hi,
    > The left hand mouse button will not work on the desktop
    > icons,nothing
    > will open unless I use the right and open button. I'm running
    > Win XP
    > hope SP2.
    > I have tried all the usual mouse settings that came with
    > windows and
    > the software for the mouse.
    > The mouse I am using is wireless but I have also tried others
    > with the
    > same result.
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > tynesider

    If you used any third party drivers, probably want to reinstall them.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Left-mouse-button-working-ftopict554432.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760509
  3. ok not sure if this will help anyone since it has been quite sometime since this post was made..but I was having similar issue here and man that was one heck of an irritating problem! :ouch:

    So finally found this posting after a long tiring searches for a solution and it works perfectly! :sol:

    http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/68151-solved-mouse-left-click-not-2.html

    Need More Calcium?

Mice Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows XP