Num Lock or Caps Lock resets computer

Hi All
Why should a computer reset sometimes when the Num Lock or Caps Lock
key is pressed? I have tried turning Num Lock off in the Bios to see if
that would help. But same thing happens
The system is as follows
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 02/04/2001
Motherboard MSI745 Ultra
Processor AMD Athlon 1200 (BUT SHOWS UP AS 900)
Keyboard Description Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2
Keyboard
Regards
smcg

--
Ballinlea

Alan

Ballinlea wrote:
> Hi All
> Why should a computer reset sometimes when the Num Lock or Caps Lock
> key is pressed? I have tried turning Num Lock off in the Bios to see if
> that would help. But same thing happens
> The system is as follows
> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
> BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 02/04/2001
> Motherboard MSI745 Ultra
> Processor AMD Athlon 1200 (BUT SHOWS UP AS 900)
> Keyboard Description Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2
> Keyboard
> Regards
> smcg

Do you have a different keyboard to test? yea - I know, it makes as
much sense as the problem, but it'll rule it out. Also if it has a
usb/PS2 connector, try whatever its not.

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Is your computer underclocked or something? What do you mean it shows up as
a 900? ??? In the bios???
Damo :p