XP 2500+ Mobile CPU follow up question.

Hi

I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
1.65v then it will fry wont it?

So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
on?

Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.

thanks

paul
5 answers Last reply
More about 2500 mobile follow question

    A7N8X-E Deluxe 2500XP-M
    12.5x200=2500mhz
    1.76vcore

    smooth as a whistle

    "pberry" <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
    > xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
    > told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
    > true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
    > 1.65v then it will fry wont it?
    >
    > So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
    > chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
    > on?
    >
    > Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > paul

    "pberry" <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
    > xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
    > told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
    > true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
    > 1.65v then it will fry wont it?
    >
    > So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
    > chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
    > on?
    >
    > Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > paul

    I wouldnt think the 1.65v would harm it.. They are correct that you cant
    just set the board to run @ 1.45..
    You could still do a voltage mod if your really wanted to use that board and
    the 2500+M

    "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > A7N8X-E Deluxe 2500XP-M
    > 12.5x200=2500mhz
    > 1.76vcore
    >
    > smooth as a whistle

    Hi,
    I have tried my XP2500 Mobile/ Asus A7N8X-E at 12.5x200=2500Mhz @ up to 1.8v
    and WinXP boots but bombs out of applications like 3DMark2003.

    Well done!

    I tried 12x200=2400 @ 1.75v and it was only slightly better.
    Seems stable at 200x11.5=2300Mhz & 1.65v.

    I wanted 2500Mhz but what can you do?

    Regards.
    Graham.

    "pberry" <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
    > xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
    > told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
    > true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
    > 1.65v then it will fry wont it?
    >
    > So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
    > chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
    > on?
    >
    > Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > paul
    I am running the xp2500 M CPU on my Epox 8rda3+ MB and at 1.9 volts and
    using the Thermalright ALX800 heatsink I can get 2500 MHz. On my MB the
    mobile xp cpu is unlocked. Later this week I plan on trying it with the
    Whitewater Waterblock and hope I can get it to 2600 or 2700 MHz. I have also
    tried the 2500 Mobile with the DFI Nforce2 Ultra and it worked the same as
    my Epox.

    Max

    I am running a mobile 2500 on my k7n2g ilsr the problem with the voltage is
    that most non mobile motherboards will not go as low as 1.4v I am running at
    2500mhz at 1.675v and all is stable here. I have read posts as high as 1.9v
    on air with no problems just have to watch the temps.
    "COCA COLA KID" <BUBBLEHEADPT@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > A7N8X-E Deluxe 2500XP-M
    > 12.5x200=2500mhz
    > 1.76vcore
    >
    > smooth as a whistle
    >
    > "pberry" <pwrberry@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I have been told by ocuk ( www.overclockers.co.uk ) that i can use the
    > > xp 2500+ mobile cpu in my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. They have
    > > told me though that it wont run at 1.45v for some reason. Is this
    > > true? If it dosent run at 1.45 what does it run at? Surely if its
    > > 1.65v then it will fry wont it?
    > >
    > > So is anyone using a revision 2 a7n8x-e board and a xp 2500+ mobile
    > > chip overclocked to 3200+ speeds? And what voltage are you using it
    > > on?
    > >
    > > Ive also got PC3200 kingston ram so that shopuldnt be a problem.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > paul

AMD Mobile CPUs Windows XP Overclocking