PhaT

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I use D-link DI-704P DSL router, and I need to know how to let my IRC program mIRC (www.mIRC.com) to allow me to connect to their servers. It will try to connect to the LAN IP (192.168.0.189) but would not try for the real IP. I tried to enter my real IP or unchecking the "always getIP and IP address" boxes, and it still refused my connection. I've gotten it to work this way before, but for some reason it will not work anymore. No idea why. I don't really understand much about routers, and it was a miracle I got mine to work, so please be patient. *embarassed smilie*

I'm an idiot with a computer, how did I make it this far??

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
If you are behind the firewall, you need to forward port 113 to the pc using mirc. If you want to use dcc chat you also need to forward port 59. Or if you want just set the pc as a dmz host.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

PhaT

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
My router has an internal firewall. But I don't think what u said helped. The problem is mIRC not using my real IP instead using my LAN IP to try and connect. I don't know how to make it get my real IP. I've gotten this to work before, but I tried to use mIRC on the other PC (2 comps connected through a DSL router) and now the mIRC on this one won't work. BTW how did u know mIRC uses those ports?

I'm an idiot with a computer, how did I make it this far??<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PhaT on 03/05/03 02:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
What about just entering the IP address of the router in the File -> Options -> Local info?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>