Windows XP doesn't recognise change in CD

This is darn annoying :) Windows XP running on new Dell Dimension 5000.
Boot up with a CD in the drive and the label/icon is shown correctly. Eject
the CD and insert another CD. The label/icon doesn't change although the
contents are correct. It also doesn't appear to autorun correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rob.

The AutoPlay Function Does Not Work and the Current Media Does Not
Appear in My Computer When You Insert a CD or DVD
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817357

Rob Nicholson wrote:

> This is darn annoying :) Windows XP running on new Dell Dimension 5000.
> Boot up with a CD in the drive and the label/icon is shown correctly. Eject
> the CD and insert another CD. The label/icon doesn't change although the
> contents are correct. It also doesn't appear to autorun correctly.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, Rob.

Glad it's working again.

Bob I wrote:
> *Glad it's working again.
>
> Rob Nicholson wrote:
>

> > Actually turns out that the autoplay register key had somehow got
> zeroed.
> >
> > Cheers, Rob.
> >
> > *

Ok and how did you fix this?

--
madmacs

madmacs wrote:
> *Ok and how did you fix this? *

Actually I found an autofix for all who are interested.

http://tinyurl.com/c9nsk

Works like a charm no reload needed.

--
madmacs