What RAM should I get?

I have the Abit NF7 board with an unlocked AMD 2600 Barton. What RAM do you
recommend for this combination for best over clocking?

"OD2rileec"wrote
> I have the Abit NF7 board with an unlocked AMD 2600 Barton. What RAM do
you
> recommend for this combination for best over clocking?

Hi,
well at the very least some good/tight PC3200. I think the NF7 can go to
220MHz-FSB quite easy, and I read about some people running theirs at
250MHz-FSB. So some PC3500 would cover you, or maybe some PC3700. I found
the performance to be really good while at just 200MHz-FSB (DDR400), with a
modest 2-3-3-6.

It's a bit hard when you upgrade all at once because you don't know the
*sweet-spot* of all your different pieces, like if your mobo is gonna be
able to run stable when higher than 230MHz FSB?.

I think some people even are using PC4000 on their nForce2's.
--
Wayne ][
<Intel® Pentium® 4 - Online! :p>

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:45:14 +0000, OD2rileec wrote:

> I have the Abit NF7 board with an unlocked AMD 2600 Barton. What RAM do you
> recommend for this combination for best over clocking?

PC4400 or the fastest you can find/afford.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:39:23 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:45:14 +0000, OD2rileec wrote:

>> I have the Abit NF7 board with an unlocked AMD 2600 Barton. What RAM do you
>> recommend for this combination for best over clocking?

>PC4400 or the fastest you can find/afford.

Wanna share Wes ?, All three are [ SPD ] optimized ( timing ) for
Intel.

Your thoughts on this matter M8

BoroLad
N.B. Posting whilst pissed is very very risky !, only OCZ, & Geil do
it for Intel chipset's at CAS3 so far as I'm aware.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"OD2rileec" <od2rileec@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have the Abit NF7 board with an unlocked AMD 2600 Barton. What RAM do
you
> recommend for this combination for best over clocking?

Anything with Winbond BH-5 chips. Its discontinued now, but you can still
find it on ebay. Winbond BH-5 is the only memory that will let you run
tight timings (e.g. 11-2-2 cas 2) at high fsb's - 230MHz and over. Nothing
else will do it.

Chip.