Pentium question

Question On pricewatch I see
the Pentium III 866 mhz 133bus for 47 dollars (866/256/133)
the Pentium III 850 mhz 100bus are 84 dollars (850/256/100 )
Is the price difference because of supply and demand or is there
another reason for this ?
I just obtained a dual processor Alton motherboard and after
installing my one and only Pentium processor 477 mhz I want to use
the dual board for a wile .
I'm not junking my 1700 AMD OC'ed to 2.2 mhz that runs like clockwork
on a ASUS motherboard . But just flound this price difference as
weird or hard to grasp !
I would haveposted this question on the Question PIII news group but
cant seem to find one ??

\\\////
( o o )
----------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------------------------
Chameleon Cages
Yes! We can make any size you need...
Visa and Mastercard accepted

http://www.cages.net

Bob Sligh

"Your buddy in the business"
email sligh@cages.net
ooo0 0ooo
-----------------------\ (---( )------------------------------
\_) ) /
(_/

OK Thanks for the info . I just was trying to get a better
understanding of it .

\\\////
( o o )
----------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo---------------------------
Chameleon Cages
Yes! We can make any size you need...
Visa and Mastercard accepted

http://www.cages.net

Bob Sligh

"Your buddy in the business"
email sligh@cages.net
ooo0 0ooo
-----------------------\ (---( )------------------------------
\_) ) /
(_/

and the 100 fsb ones generally overclock better.Used to have P3-850 oc to
Steve H
Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod
XP2100b at 2400(12x200)1.8V
Corsair XMS3200 1x512MB
DIY Watercool - copper spiral block,Nova 800,aircon radiator
GF3 at 240/550 det 43.45

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoomung.co.nz> wrote in message
> Robert Sligh wrote:
> > Question On pricewatch I see
> > the Pentium III 866 mhz 133bus for 47 dollars (866/256/133)
> > the Pentium III 850 mhz 100bus are 84 dollars (850/256/100 )
> > Is the price difference because of supply and demand or is there
> > another reason for this ?
>
> The reason for the price difference is that there are far more boards out
> there that are in need of an upgrade that will run a 100Mhz FSB than there
> are boards that will run a 133MHz FSB. Therefore the 100Mhz FSB CPU is
more
> in demand. Most people running a board that runs at 133Mhz already have a
> CPU equal to or better than the 133Mhz unit.
> --
> ~misfit~

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"straiton" <straiton@f.off.spam.com> wrote in message
> and the 100 fsb ones generally overclock better.Used to have P3-850 oc to
> 1003

Not always....I had a Coppermine PIII 1000 133FSB that I ran at 156FSB /
1170Mhz for 2 1/2 years with just a Golden Orb cooler and stock voltage.
Ebayed it when I went to my Barton 2500.

TRENDING THREADS