2400xp...help

hi i have a 2400xp and i wish to unlock it can some help.....

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:15:38 +0100, sim wrote:

> hi i have a 2400xp and i wish to unlock it can some help.....

No. All 2400+'s prior to about 0339 were already unlocked from the
factory. The newer ones are internally multiplier locked with no way to
unlock them short of major surgery and turning them into mobile parts. So
if you want more speed out of it, raise the FSB.

"sim" wrote
> hi i have a 2400xp and i wish to unlock it can some help.....

Hi,
that would depend whether its a new CPU or an old one? What are the codes
from the CPU die?
--
Wayne ][

hi wayne

i have cods

amd athlon
axda2400dkv3c
jiucb0236gpaw

hope this can help you to help me

thany tony

"sim" <tjohnson200@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> hi wayne
>
> i have cods
>
> amd athlon
> axda2400dkv3c
> jiucb0236gpaw
>
> hope this can help you to help me
>

> thany tony

We need ALL the codes - there should be three lines, you've only given line
1 and line 3.

From what i can decipher though, its a 1.65v core, made in the 36th week of
2002, JIUCB Stepping.

By being a pre week 39 CPU - it *should* be multiplier UNLOCKED.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:35:27 +0100, sim wrote:

> axda2400dkv3c
> jiucb0236gpaw

It's unlocked. 0236=36th week of 2002. they didn't start locking them
until mid 2003.

hi to all
i have the cods that i mist

936577361450

so i now need a mob to use my unlocked 2400xp

i have a asrock k7s8x rev. 3.01

what is a goob mob to get

> > axda2400dkv3c
> > jiucb0236gpaw

huh?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:34:46 +0100, sim wrote:

> hi to all
> i have the cods that i mist
>
> 936577361450

That's just the serial number. It's not needed to identify the cpu.

> so i now need a mob to use my unlocked 2400xp
>> > axda2400dkv3c
>> > jiucb0236gpaw
>
> i have a asrock k7s8x rev. 3.01
>
> what is a goob mob to get

I assume you mean you want to raise the clockspeed form the default
2000MHz?

The 2400+ default settings are 15x133MHz FSB fro 2000MHz.

You can increase the multiplier using the 5 jumpers on the board.
Or you could raise the FSB using the bios.
Or you could do both withinlimits of the cpu.
Or you could lower the multiplier to say 13 and set FSB 166.
Or about anything you want to do within the limits of the cpu and ram you
have.
I run mine at 13x166, with the ram at 166 also. There's also a setting in
the bios to increase vcore by 5%. You may or may not need to do this when
you overclock.

If this doesn't answer your question, I don't know what you want.

hi all wot is best to have a low FSB and a hi multiplier or have a low
multiplier and a hi FSB