Please Suggest : StartUp & Exit Sounds

hp

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I am in the process of adding the final finishing touches to my Mame
Cabinet.

Suggestions wanted for ARCADE RELATED Windows StartUp and Exit Sounds.

My thoughts so far:

START UP

Another Visitor, Stay A While, Stay Forever (old C64 game, cannot remeber
the name)

EXIT

"Chicken Fight Like A Robot" (Berzerk)

As you can see from the above, I need more suggestions!

HP wrote:

> START UP

The sounds from the attract screen for either Robotron or Defender

> EXIT
>
> "Chicken Fight Like A Robot" (Berzerk)

Good, but I'd play, "You were an adequate opponent" or one of the other
lines from Space Fury.

OT, but another cool sound is the Robot from Lost in space (Jack
Johnstone?) saying, "What you have done is wrong". I once set that as
the sound when a program closes and it would cause everyone to stop and
believe they made some sort of error.
--
FSogol

HP wrote on 22. April 2005:

> I am in the process of adding the final finishing touches to my Mame
> Cabinet.
>
> Suggestions wanted for ARCADE RELATED Windows StartUp and Exit Sounds.
>
> My thoughts so far:
>

> START UP
>
> Another Visitor, Stay A While, Stay Forever (old C64 game, cannot remeber
> the name)

Impossible mission. I extracted the sound off a SID file and converted to
WAV and use it in one of my webpages. Hmm, I see it's not working, bloody
JAVA.

> EXIT
>
> "Chicken Fight Like A Robot" (Berzerk)
>

> As you can see from the above, I need more suggestions!

Also nice when logging on: "Intruder alert" from Berzerk.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

Jim

In article <d4abs0$llv$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, HP wrote:
> I am in the process of adding the final finishing touches to my Mame
> Cabinet.
>
> Suggestions wanted for ARCADE RELATED Windows StartUp and Exit Sounds.
>
> My thoughts so far:
>

> START UP
>
> Another Visitor, Stay A While, Stay Forever (old C64 game, cannot remeber
> the name)
>
> EXIT
>
> "Chicken Fight Like A Robot" (Berzerk)
>

> As you can see from the above, I need more suggestions!

Kinda-sorta what you're after: TRON (the film) sound effects.

Both MCP quotes:

Startup: "I want him on the game grid until he dies playing" (or something
like that - can't remember the exact quote)
Shutdown: "End of line".

Both these exist as WAVs out on the 'Net.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
"Brace yourself, this might make your eyes water."

Jim thought about it a bit, then said...
> In article <d4abs0$llv$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, HP wrote:
> > I am in the process of adding the final finishing touches to my Mame
> > Cabinet.
> >
> > Suggestions wanted for ARCADE RELATED Windows StartUp and Exit Sounds.
> >
> > My thoughts so far:
> >
> > START UP
> >
> > Another Visitor, Stay A While, Stay Forever (old C64 game, cannot remeber
> > the name)
> >
> > EXIT
> >
> > "Chicken Fight Like A Robot" (Berzerk)
> >
> > As you can see from the above, I need more suggestions!
>
> Kinda-sorta what you're after: TRON (the film) sound effects.
>
> Both MCP quotes:
>
> Startup: "I want him on the game grid until he dies playing" (or something
> like that - can't remember the exact quote)
> Shutdown: "End of line".
>
> Both these exist as WAVs out on the 'Net.
>
> Jim

Some of my favorites:

STARTUP

Sinistar: "Beware coward, I live!"
Space Fury: "Ah, another creature for my amusement. Prepare for battle!"

SHUTDOWN

Aliens: "Game over man, game over!"
Sinistar: "Run coward, run, run!"
Pac Man Death

All available as wavs.
--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

In article <d4abs0$llv$1@hercules.btinternet.com>,
NoEmailPlease@Email.Com says...
> I am in the process of adding the final finishing touches to my Mame
> Cabinet.
>
> Suggestions wanted for ARCADE RELATED Windows StartUp and Exit Sounds.
>
> My thoughts so far:
>

> START UP
>
> Another Visitor, Stay A While, Stay Forever (old C64 game, cannot remeber
> the name)

The game you are thinking of is Impossible Mission. Great game!

Scott.
kiof@NOSPAMyahoo.com

Kiof wrote on 22. April 2005:

> In article <d4abs0$llv$1@hercules.btinternet.com>,
> NoEmailPlease@Email.Com says...
>> I am in the process of adding the final finishing touches to my Mame
>> Cabinet.
>>
>> Suggestions wanted for ARCADE RELATED Windows StartUp and Exit Sounds.
>>
>> My thoughts so far:
>>

>> START UP
>>
>> Another Visitor, Stay A While, Stay Forever (old C64 game, cannot remeber
>> the name)
>>
> The game you are thinking of is Impossible Mission. Great game!

I was quite stunned when I saw it the first time. What an animation of
the guy running.
--

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:51:02 +0100, Jim wrote:

> Startup: "I want him on the game grid until he dies playing"

Three other Tron quotes that are suitable:

Hey, hey, hey! It's the big Master Control Program everybody's been
talking about.

I've got a little challenge for you, Sark. A new recruit. He's a tough
case, but I want him treated in the usual manner. Train him for the
games, let him hope for a while, and blow him away.

You'd rather take your chances with ME?

HP wrote:
> I am in the process of adding the final finishing touches to my Mame
> Cabinet.
>
> Suggestions wanted for ARCADE RELATED Windows StartUp and Exit Sounds.
>
> My thoughts so far:
>

> START UP
>
> Another Visitor, Stay A While, Stay Forever (old C64 game, cannot remeber
> the name)

'Beware, I live.'

> EXIT
>
> "Chicken Fight Like A Robot" (Berzerk)

'Run! Run! Run!'

(All available at http://zanyvg.overclocked.org/sinistar/index.html)

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

(Can be found at http://11thparadigm.com/Annex.htm)

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

.... after inserting a credit, Kevin Steele
<net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> leaned forward and saw...

>Some of my favorites:
>
>STARTUP
>
>Sinistar: "Beware coward, I live!"
>
>SHUTDOWN
>
>Sinistar: "Run coward, run, run!"

I actually had these at one place I worked: "I hunger..." was my startup
sound, and "I am Sinistar..." as shutdown.

I couldn't get W2K to run them during hiberate in/out, though... feh.

--
"I call up my friend, the good angel
But she's out with her answerphone."

'Dungeon' Dave wrote on 24. April 2005:

> ... after inserting a credit, Kevin Steele
> <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> leaned forward and saw...
>>
>>Some of my favorites:
>>
>>STARTUP
>>
>>Sinistar: "Beware coward, I live!"
>>
>>SHUTDOWN
>>
>>Sinistar: "Run coward, run, run!"
>
> I actually had these at one place I worked: "I hunger..." was my
> startup sound, and "I am Sinistar..." as shutdown.

I would had expected you have the Defender start sound
<http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/defstart.wav> after login.