brother printers technical non-support

I am not sure whether I should be amused. I filled out the Brother
web support form, and what do I get back?

pcs@crm.brother.com : the recipient name is not recognized.

is this a new low in tech support?

I was trying to get a cups driver for the model for linux. I know
they have it for MAC OS-X, and it works with generic postscript; but
it would have been nice to get the exact correct driver file.

of course, my xerox phaser 8400dp color printer does not have a
specific printer definition file, either, 'cause xerox does not make a
cups printer file available, either.

/iaw
1 answer Last reply
More about brother printers technical support

    > I was trying to get a cups driver for the model for linux. I know
    > they have it for MAC OS-X, and it works with generic postscript; but
    > it would have been nice to get the exact correct driver file.

    The "cups driver file" for a PostScript printer is the .ppd file,
    which depends on the printer only (and not on the operating system.)
    Look in /etc/cups, or /usr/share/cups/model, for instance.

Printers Support Brother Peripherals