Command to eject a USB Mass storage device

Hi all,

Is there a command in XP, where u can
double on an icon / shortcut, and stop / eject a USB Mass storage device?

I know the Safely remove hardware icon
appears in the taskbar.

But can u make a shortcut to one of the devices on the desktop, so when u
double click on it, it'll stop / eject that device??

Any info appreciated

Thanx
1 answer Last reply
More about command eject mass storage device

    What do you mean by "mass" storage - ?

    Tape drive?
    DVD?
    CD disk?
    Zip or Jazz disks (and similar products)

    These are all "mass storage" media. (talking in terms of 100's or 1000's of
    megabytes)

    To eject them?

    Use the eject button on the drive;??

    In My Computer, usually you can right click the device's icon, choose
    "eject" (works for CD's and Zip drives).....what other mass storage devices
    are there that can be "ejected" in that sense of the word?

    The USB/memory stick things are not "ejected" they are plugged in/pulled
    out.

    To answer your question: YES, you cant make shortcuts to your disk drives
    (removeable and permanent).

    In My computer, right click, create shortcut [on Desktop].

    It'll create a short cut on the desktop, then you right click and choose
    eject.....

    Is that what you want?

    "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there a command in XP, where u can
    > double on an icon / shortcut, and stop / eject a USB Mass storage device?
    >
    > I know the Safely remove hardware icon
    > appears in the taskbar.
    >
    > But can u make a shortcut to one of the devices on the desktop, so when u
    > double click on it, it'll stop / eject that device??
    >
    > Any info appreciated
    >
    > Thanx

Hardware Storage Command Prompt Devices USB Windows XP