Command to eject a USB Mass storage device

July 10, 2005 12:36:10 PM

Hi all,

Is there a command in XP, where u can
double on an icon / shortcut, and stop / eject a USB Mass storage device?

I know the Safely remove hardware icon
appears in the taskbar.

But can u make a shortcut to one of the devices on the desktop, so when u
double click on it, it'll stop / eject that device??

Any info appreciated

Thanx
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 17, 2005 8:52:12 PM

What do you mean by "mass" storage - ?

Tape drive?
DVD?
CD disk?
Zip or Jazz disks (and similar products)

These are all "mass storage" media. (talking in terms of 100's or 1000's of
megabytes)

To eject them?

Use the eject button on the drive;??

In My Computer, usually you can right click the device's icon, choose
"eject" (works for CD's and Zip drives).....what other mass storage devices
are there that can be "ejected" in that sense of the word?

The USB/memory stick things are not "ejected" they are plugged in/pulled
out.

To answer your question: YES, you cant make shortcuts to your disk drives
(removeable and permanent).

In My computer, right click, create shortcut [on Desktop].

It'll create a short cut on the desktop, then you right click and choose
eject.....

Is that what you want?

news:D apcfm$v7b$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

!