Chipset descriptions

Hi

Does anyone know where the chipsets are details, technical specification etc
for example the nforce chipset.

Justin
4 answers Last reply
More about chipset descriptions

    Justin Barnes wrote:
    > Does anyone know where the chipsets are details, technical
    > specification etc for example the nforce chipset.

    What sort of details? Things such as low-level software and hardware things
    are (in my experience) only available under NDA, so even if someone had them
    they wouldn't give them to you. Some things, such as PCI configuration
    registers are somewhat available, though there usually are significant
    numbers of "reserved" bits.

    However, if you just want to know details like electrical characteristics or
    pinouts (for example if you want to hook up a signal analyser to a board)
    then it's probably all in the datasheet. Which, however, is not publically
    available for the NF2 :)

    Finally, if you're just interested in general details (such as "built in"
    functionality) then any number of review sites will have this sort of thing.

    --
    Michael Brown

    My question really relates to which chipset locks the pci & agp bus, thereby
    helping with overclocking. Where is this information stored?

    "Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
    > Justin Barnes wrote:
    > > Does anyone know where the chipsets are details, technical
    > > specification etc for example the nforce chipset.
    >
    > What sort of details? Things such as low-level software and hardware
    things
    > are (in my experience) only available under NDA, so even if someone had
    them
    > they wouldn't give them to you. Some things, such as PCI configuration
    > registers are somewhat available, though there usually are significant
    > numbers of "reserved" bits.
    >
    > However, if you just want to know details like electrical characteristics
    or
    > pinouts (for example if you want to hook up a signal analyser to a board)
    > then it's probably all in the datasheet. Which, however, is not publically
    > available for the NF2 :)
    >
    > Finally, if you're just interested in general details (such as "built in"
    > functionality) then any number of review sites will have this sort of
    thing.

    > --
    > Michael Brown
    > www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more :)
    > Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz - My inbox is always open

    The NF2 locks it - but then, I suspect you already knew that ... even if you
    don't quite believe it.
    Are you trying to settle an argument ?
    'Cos I can settle it for you.
    The PCI and AGP busses are fully independent, ie - of FSB and one another
    .... no dividers, just on their own busses.
    And that's official (Scumball Electronics)

    Justin Barnes wrote:
    > My question really relates to which chipset locks the pci & agp bus,
    > thereby helping with overclocking. Where is this information stored?

    The only one I know of is the nForce2. The information is stored in my head
    :-p

    What CPU are you looking to use? If it's a Socket A, nForce2 is your
    option.

    Ben

AMD Overclocking Chipsets Hardware