Ryan

I have the stock heatsink fan right now and i have the stock TIC. can i
clean it off and put artic silver and a new beter hsf.

Ryan wrote:
> I have the stock heatsink fan right now and i have the stock TIC. can i
> clean it off and put artic silver and a new beter hsf.

Probably.

I wouldn't recommend "Artic", but I would recommend Arctic Silver.

Is there a particular reason why you wish to do this?

Ben

Ryan

Ben Pope wrote:
> Ryan wrote:
>
>>I have the stock heatsink fan right now and i have the stock TIC. can i
>>clean it off and put artic silver and a new beter hsf.
>

> Probably.
>
> I wouldn't recommend "Artic", but I would recommend Arctic Silver.
>
> Is there a particular reason why you wish to do this?
>
> Ben
maybe oc it a little i mean i just want to keep my options open.

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:40:09 GMT, Ryan <ryan5001sk8@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Ben Pope wrote:
>> Ryan wrote:
>>
>>>I have the stock heatsink fan right now and i have the stock TIC. can i
>>>clean it off and put artic silver and a new beter hsf.
>>

>> Probably.
>>
>> I wouldn't recommend "Artic", but I would recommend Arctic Silver.
>>
>> Is there a particular reason why you wish to do this?
>>
>> Ben
>maybe oc it a little i mean i just want to keep my options open.

If your stock HSf was installed correctly and you have good airflow
ventilation around and inside your PC case and your ambient room temp
is not too warm then I see no reason to just leave things and
overclock with your stock HSF as is.

Larry Gagnon
***************
remove "fake" from email address

Ryan wrote:
> I have the stock heatsink fan right now and i have the stock TIC.
> can i clean it off and put artic silver and a new beter hsf.

If you have a CPU with a 3 year warranty, not using the fan/heatsink and the
'phase change material' that came with the chip will void the warranty. If
you don't care about the warranty you can do whatever you want.

If I didn't care about the warranty I would probably get one of the copper
heatsinks from ThermalRight (SLK ?00) and a good 80 or 92mm variable speed
fan. For the thermal material I would either use Ceramique by Arctic Silver
or one of AMD's phase change material pads.

Make sure the mobo will take the heatsink you want to use. Some put the
capacitors too close to the CPU.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?