Epox 8RDA3+ and incompatible Kingston PC3200

LORD

Well, first excuse for my bad english.
I have an 8RDA3+ with nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset and 512 Mb of Kingston
ValueRam PC3200 and they run perfectly separated, but if I try to run them
togheter, Goldmemory crashes when I analize the RAM and Prime95 crashes too.
I have tried several combinations: 200x10, 133x15.. and all of them crash.
(I have an 2400+)

I´m thinking in sale my mobo and buy another (DFI or ABIT??) or sale my
memory and buy another (GEIL 2x256 Value CL2.5??) but i dont want to buy
another ram that neither runs with mi 8RDA3+
What mobo or ram do you recommend to me?? What model of DFI nForce2 mobos is
the best??

Lord...

--
"Pensare que el cielo, el aire, la tierra, los colores, las figuras, los
sonidos y todas las demas cosas exteriores no son sino ilusiones y engaños

Have you updated your bios to the latest revision? I would make sure that
you have the newest bios and drivers, and then test, before selling the EP
Mobo.

Pete

"Lord" <rafagNO@SPAMusuarios.retecal.es> wrote in message
> Well, first excuse for my bad english.
> I have an 8RDA3+ with nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset and 512 Mb of Kingston
> ValueRam PC3200 and they run perfectly separated, but if I try to run them
> togheter, Goldmemory crashes when I analize the RAM and Prime95 crashes
too.
> I have tried several combinations: 200x10, 133x15.. and all of them crash.
> (I have an 2400+)
>
> I´m thinking in sale my mobo and buy another (DFI or ABIT??) or sale my
> memory and buy another (GEIL 2x256 Value CL2.5??) but i dont want to buy
> another ram that neither runs with mi 8RDA3+
> What mobo or ram do you recommend to me?? What model of DFI nForce2 mobos
is
> the best??
>
> Lord...
>
> --
> "Pensare que el cielo, el aire, la tierra, los colores, las figuras, los
> sonidos y todas las demas cosas exteriores no son sino ilusiones y engaños
> de que el mundo hace uso como cebos, para capta mi credulidad; me
> consideraré a mí mismo como sin manos, sin ojos, sin carne, sin sangre;
> creeré que doy falsamente credito a todas esas cosas; permaneceré
> obstinadamente adicto a ese pensamiento y si por tales medios no llego a
> poder conocer una verdad, por lo menos está en mi mano el suspender mi
> juicio: por lo cual con gran cuidado procurare no dar credito a ninguna
> falsedad y preparare mi ingenio tambien contra las astucias del genio
> maligno que, por muy poderoso y astuto que sea, nunca podra imponerme
nada."

LORD

I have updated bios to the latest version, and it is a little more stable,
but prime95 crash in 12 minutes :(
I will update nForce drivers, but I have no hope...
I will buy 2x256 DDR400 GEIL CL2.5 memory and try with this because I dont
want to sell this mobo, I´m in love with it, hahaha :p

Lord...

Lord wrote:

> Well, first excuse for my bad english.
> I have an 8RDA3+ with nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset and 512 Mb of Kingston
> ValueRam PC3200 and they run perfectly separated, but if I try to run them
> togheter, Goldmemory crashes when I analize the RAM and Prime95 crashes too.
> I have tried several combinations: 200x10, 133x15.. and all of them crash.
> (I have an 2400+)
>
> I´m thinking in sale my mobo and buy another (DFI or ABIT??) or sale my
> memory and buy another (GEIL 2x256 Value CL2.5??) but i dont want to buy
> another ram that neither runs with mi 8RDA3+
> What mobo or ram do you recommend to me?? What model of DFI nForce2 mobos is
> the best??

I've got a bunch of Epox boards and all of them will run at the speeds you're
trying to run. You *will* need to raise the memory and processor voltage to get
it to be *stable* at that speed though. Value Ram doesn't seem to tolerate mix
and match components as easily as their HyperX does. This message was typed on
an 8RDA+ with an AMD XP2500+ and HyperX memory with the fsb set at 210x11. Runs
prime 95 and any other benchmark programs with no problem. The v-core is set at
1.850 and the memory voltage is set at 2.6V. It would not even boot with Value
Ram at these settings.

Roger