I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows xp and all
components but i am having trouble playing my games, whenever I try to play,
it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation failure, please
make sure you have installed directx and a updated display driver'. I have
installed directx 9.0 and have a updated display driver but it still comes up
with this message. In some cases it says 'cannot create 3d device'. my video
card is a Nvidia geforce4 mx440 with agp8x.

Malke

Nicw wrote:

> I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows xp and all
> components but i am having trouble playing my games, whenever I try to
> play, it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation
> failure, please make sure you have installed directx and a updated
> display driver'. I have installed directx 9.0 and have a updated
> display driver but it still comes up with this message. In some cases
> it says 'cannot create 3d device'. my video card is a Nvidia geforce4
> mx440 with agp8x.

Swap out your videocard with a known-working one as a test - your card
may be failing.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers