"for sidewinder 3D pro plus only" gameport to usb

July 10, 2005 7:37:32 PM

:(  I have an old sidewinder gamepad,support 15 pin gameport
but my notebook haven’t gameport ,so I found a "for sidewinder 3D pro
plus only" gameport to usb convert line ,but I didn’t have its driver
of XP
,system can’t detect it(the convert line).
:cry:  ,does it need a driver for the convert line? where can I find
it?
Thank you

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-quot-sidewinder-3...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1763518
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 8:02:24 PM

Windows XP has the software built in.

Goto the Games Controller Control Panel
Then add a device and select Microsoft Sidewinder (AutoDetect).

You won't be able to install the software from the disc that you have as it
is not compatible with NT based operating systems (e.g. Windows XP)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"uralhan" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> :(  I have an old sidewinder gamepad,support 15 pin gameport
> but my notebook haven't gameport ,so I found a "for sidewinder 3D pro
> plus only" gameport to usb convert line ,but I didn't have its driver
> of XP
> ,system can't detect it(the convert line).
> :cry:  ,does it need a driver for the convert line? where can I find
> it?
> Thank you

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-quot-sidewinder-3...
July 11, 2005 6:16:48 PM

This is actually how you get the system to load the drivers for a gameport
device. The USB joysticks are PnP devices. If you plug it in and it isn't
detected you have one of two problems. That stick doesn't have the hardware
it needs to utilize a USB dongle, or you have an issue with your USB chipset
drivers. If you have a VIA controller there is updated drivers for this
issue you will need to install.

Joshua Smith
DirectInput Test Lab
Microsoft

This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> Windows XP has the software built in.
>
> Goto the Games Controller Control Panel
> Then add a device and select Microsoft Sidewinder (AutoDetect).
>
> You won't be able to install the software from the disc that you have as
> it is not compatible with NT based operating systems (e.g. Windows XP)
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "uralhan" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>> :(  I have an old sidewinder gamepad,support 15 pin gameport
>> but my notebook haven't gameport ,so I found a "for sidewinder 3D pro
>> plus only" gameport to usb convert line ,but I didn't have its driver
>> of XP
>> ,system can't detect it(the convert line).
>> :cry:  ,does it need a driver for the convert line? where can I find
>> it?
>> Thank you
>>
>> --
>> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
>> request
>> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>> Topic URL:
>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-quot-sidewinder-3...
>> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1763518

July 16, 2005 6:11:13 AM

Ah... whoops... I didnt see the part about how s/he was trying to use the
gameport to USB adapter.

Yeah, the 3d Pro Plus was never designed to work with the gameport to USB
adapter. The OP will need to get hardware that is compatible with his/her
laptop

--

"Joshua Smith [MSFT]" <joshsm@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is actually how you get the system to load the drivers for a gameport
> device. The USB joysticks are PnP devices. If you plug it in and it isn't
> detected you have one of two problems. That stick doesn't have the
> hardware it needs to utilize a USB dongle, or you have an issue with your
> USB chipset drivers. If you have a VIA controller there is updated drivers
> for this issue you will need to install.
>
> Joshua Smith
> DirectInput Test Lab
> Microsoft
>
> This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Windows XP has the software built in.
>>
>> Goto the Games Controller Control Panel
>> Then add a device and select Microsoft Sidewinder (AutoDetect).
>>
>> You won't be able to install the software from the disc that you have as
>> it is not compatible with NT based operating systems (e.g. Windows XP)
>>
>> --
>> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>>
>> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>>
>> "uralhan" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>>> :(  I have an old sidewinder gamepad,support 15 pin gameport
>>> but my notebook haven't gameport ,so I found a "for sidewinder 3D pro
>>> plus only" gameport to usb convert line ,but I didn't have its driver
>>> of XP
>>> ,system can't detect it(the convert line).
>>> :cry:  ,does it need a driver for the convert line? where can I find
>>> it?
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> --
>>> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
>>> request
>>> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>>> Topic URL:
>>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-quot-sidewinder-3...
>>> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
>>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1763518

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:35:44 PM

"" wrote:
> This is actually how you get the system to load the drivers
> for a gameport
> device. The USB joysticks are PnP devices. If you plug it in
> and it isn't
> detected you have one of two problems. That stick doesn't have
> the hardware
> it needs to utilize a USB dongle, or you have an issue with
> your USB chipset
> drivers. If you have a VIA controller there is updated drivers
> for this
> issue you will need to install.
>
> Joshua Smith
> DirectInput Test Lab
> Microsoft
>
> This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
>
> "Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> > Windows XP has the software built in.
> >
> > Goto the Games Controller Control Panel
> > Then add a device and select Microsoft Sidewinder
> (AutoDetect).
> >
> > You won't be able to install the software from the disc that
> you have as
> > it is not compatible with NT based operating systems (e.g.
> Windows XP)
> >
> > --
> > Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
> >
> > Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
> >
> > "uralhan" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> >> :(  I have an old sidewinder gamepad,support 15 pin
> gameport
> >> but my notebook haven't gameport ,so I found a "for
> sidewinder 3D pro
> >> plus only" gameport to usb convert line ,but I didn't have
> its driver
> >> of XP
> >> ,system can't detect it(the convert line).
> >> :cry:  ,does it need a driver for the convert line? where
> can I find
> >> it?
> >> Thank you
> >>
> >> --
> >> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> >> request
> >> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> standards
> >> Topic URL:
> >> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-quot-sidewinder-3...
> >> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> >> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1763518

the problem always can’t solve,
I plug the 15pin gamepad in the converter’s gameport and plug the
converter’s another end(USB) in the Mainboard’s usb port ,
the gamepad was connected OK(the gamepad’s light is on),
but then I goto the control panel and added the gampad "Microsoft
Sidewinder (AutoDetect)" it shows not connected.(and windows didn’t
find any new device)
I don’t understand does windows can auto recognize a only convert
usb to gameport line without any software drivers?or can it support a
gamepad connect with a 15pin to usb converter?
thank you very much!
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:31:42 AM

The Sidewinder is an analog device and USB ports want digital devices. The
USB port has no idea what you are connecting to it so it cannot identify the
hardware and therefore will never work correctly.

Either get a new USB joystick or get a separate soundcard with a gameport
controller onboard.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"uralhan" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> the problem always canâ?Tt solve,
> I plug the 15pin gamepad in the converterâ?Ts gameport and plug the
> converterâ?Ts another end(USB) in the Mainboardâ?Ts usb port ,
> the gamepad was connected OK(the gamepadâ?Ts light is on),
> but then I goto the control panel and added the gampad "Microsoft
> Sidewinder (AutoDetect)" it shows not connected.(and windows didnâ?Tt
> find any new device)
> I donâ?Tt understand does windows can auto recognize a only convert
> usb to gameport line without any software drivers?or can it support a
> gamepad connect with a 15pin to usb converter?
> thank you very much!
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:35:34 AM

"" wrote:
> The Sidewinder is an analog device and USB ports want digital
> devices. The
> USB port has no idea what you are connecting to it so it
> cannot identify the
> hardware and therefore will never work correctly.
>
> Either get a new USB joystick or get a separate soundcard with
> a gameport
> controller onboard.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "uralhan" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > the problem always canâ?Tt solve,
> > I plug the 15pin gamepad in the converterâ?Ts gameport and
> plug the
> > converterâ?Ts another end(USB) in the Mainboardâ?Ts usb port
> ,
> > the gamepad was connected OK(the gamepadâ?Ts light is on),
> > but then I goto the control panel and added the gampad
> "Microsoft
> > Sidewinder (AutoDetect)" it shows not connected.(and windows
> didnâ?Tt
> > find any new device)
> > I donâ?Tt understand does windows can auto recognize a only
> convert
> > usb to gameport line without any software drivers?or can it
> support a
> > gamepad connect with a 15pin to usb converter?
> > thank you very much!

the converter like this
http://corner-web.de/ebay/gameadapter.jpg
http://image.auctionweb.info/lister/original/123724/3d6...
mine is black and sold with the sidewinder gamepad and said:"for
sidewinder gamepad"

I don’t understand because it was been sold with the sidewinder
gamepad,but can’t use for sidewinder?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-sidewinder-3D-pro...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319367
!