Trying to find files in a folder

I have a Dell computer and should have 150+ gb. on my hard drive, with 145
available to me to use. I seem to have used almost all my available space
but can't find enough files to account for 98+ gb. of use. The majority seem
to be in "my documents" but when I add up what I can see, it doesn't add up
to anywhere near that amount. Can anyone suggest where I might find all
these files so that I can delete what I don't need? FYI, I am doing a lot of
video editing and am wondering if there are some hidden files that hang on
even after a video is deleted, because the videos themselves don't seem to be
that large. Any suggestions on how I can find what is filling up my hard
drive would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you are using adobe premiere or something that is structured the same
way, the program creates a folder inside the directory where the project
file is stored, which is where it saves all of the preview files. They can
add up to 90 gigs easy. My advice would be to find your project files, and
your previews won't be far from them.

Brett

On 7/11/05 9:32 AM, in article
284A0221-B3B4-4B78-AFEA-87F048B2E6B9@microsoft.com, "Rosemary"
<Rosemary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a Dell computer and should have 150+ gb. on my hard drive, with 145
> available to me to use. I seem to have used almost all my available space
> but can't find enough files to account for 98+ gb. of use. The majority seem
> to be in "my documents" but when I add up what I can see, it doesn't add up
> to anywhere near that amount. Can anyone suggest where I might find all
> these files so that I can delete what I don't need? FYI, I am doing a lot of
> video editing and am wondering if there are some hidden files that hang on
> even after a video is deleted, because the videos themselves don't seem to be
> that large. Any suggestions on how I can find what is filling up my hard
> drive would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:32:07 -0700, "Rosemary"
<Rosemary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a Dell computer and should have 150+ gb. on my hard drive, with 145
>available to me to use. I seem to have used almost all my available space
>but can't find enough files to account for 98+ gb. of use. The majority seem
>to be in "my documents" but when I add up what I can see, it doesn't add up
>to anywhere near that amount. Can anyone suggest where I might find all
>these files so that I can delete what I don't need? FYI, I am doing a lot of
>video editing and am wondering if there are some hidden files that hang on
>even after a video is deleted, because the videos themselves don't seem to be
>that large. Any suggestions on how I can find what is filling up my hard
>drive would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.

And this has WHAT to do with hardware? Please notice the group title!

Justin

Just do a "search" for files over 1 gb and you'll probably find many of the
files that are taking up all of your space.