AMD 1.2ghz ASUS A7V Motherboard

Just a question, just got this system and im wondering if a cpu temp of 52
degrees and a mainboard of 39 is normal at idle. i have a thermal orb
cooling the cpu.

> Just a question, just got this system and im wondering if a cpu temp of 52
> degrees and a mainboard of 39 is normal at idle. i have a thermal orb
> cooling the cpu.

You should start to worry when the temp rises above 70° Celsius. The Case
Temperature could be lower, but 39 is absolute normal.

do u have RAM detection problems? mine has.

Josef Varela wrote:

>>Just a question, just got this system and im wondering if a cpu temp of 52
>>degrees and a mainboard of 39 is normal at idle. i have a thermal orb
>>cooling the cpu.
>

> You should start to worry when the temp rises above 70° Celsius. The Case
> Temperature could be lower, but 39 is absolute normal.

no i dont, it could be ur DIMM slots that are defective
"»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:c73rih$i4aj9$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...

On Sun, 02 May 2004 11:44:15 -0400, Theo wrote:

> Just a question, just got this system and im wondering if a cpu temp of 52
> degrees and a mainboard of 39 is normal at idle. i have a thermal orb
> cooling the cpu.

No, they are both high, unless you have a room temp of about 34C. And if
that's a Thermaltake Orb, it's not worth 2 cents. Under load expect temps
to probably exceed 70C and the cpu to fail prematurely. But without
knowing the actual room temp, it's kind of hard to guess at any of this
with any accuracy. Would also help of you stated which 1.2GHz AMD cpu you
had also, Duron or Athlon. So any answer you get without this info is just
a wag.

any remedies beside getting a new mobo

Theo wrote:

> no i dont, it could be ur DIMM slots that are defective
> "»¨ºÃÂú ÔÂBeautiful Flowers Full Moon" <fullmoon@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:c73rih$i4aj9$1@ID-186143.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
>>do u have RAM detection problems? mine has.

> 52

>>>You should start to worry when the temp rises above 70° Celsius. The
>
> Case
>
>>>Temperature could be lower, but 39 is absolute normal.

Don't worry. Mine is 56 !
"Theo" <tlimberis@hotmail.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:jH8lc.40029$zV4.151365@weber.videotron.net ¤¤¼¶¼g...

On Sun, 2 May 2004 11:44:15 -0400, "Theo" <tlimberis@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Just a question, just got this system and im wondering if a cpu temp of 52
>degrees and a mainboard of 39 is normal at idle. i have a thermal orb
>cooling the cpu.

Your TT Orb is not enough heatsink for CPU's above 1gig! While 52C
isn't bad (my 1.4G idles at 52 also), I imagine it soars as you stress
it in games. I have a HUGE, massively finned, solid copper Zalman
heatsink with a 90mm fan puffing on it and core temp still rises to as
much as 59c or so under stress on a warm day. (Zalman isn't the BEST
cooling solution... just very good and QUIET) .

If your CPU temp ever rises above 65C for extended periods you should
worry. Your mainboard temp is a tad warm, too, so your case cooling
could be a problem.

Interesting thing to consider... a 1.2G CPU can be had for around $50.
A high quality heatsink/fan can be had for around the same cost

BuddyWh