Pinmodding XP1600+ Palomino?

On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:35:12 +0200, Kai Robinson wrote:

> Just seen this url, posted by someone else:
> http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
>
> Would this work for me? I just want to select a multiplier of 11x, rather
> than 10.5x (the default).

If you unlock the cpu by closing the L1 bridges it will work. Then again,
if you unlock the cpu, your MB may be able to change the default
multiplier. MB?

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:35:12 +0200, Kai Robinson wrote:
>
> > Just seen this url, posted by someone else:
> > http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
> >
> > Would this work for me? I just want to select a multiplier of 11x,
rather
> > than 10.5x (the default).
> >
> If you unlock the cpu by closing the L1 bridges it will work. Then again,
> if you unlock the cpu, your MB may be able to change the default
> multiplier. MB?

The board is an MSI KT3 Ultra - non ARU variant (no raid or Bluetooth)

However i had assumed that the pinmod would allow me to circumvent the whole
L1 bridge fiasco

On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:35:36 +0200, Kai Robinson wrote:

> The board is an MSI KT3 Ultra - non ARU variant (no raid or Bluetooth)
>
> However i had assumed that the pinmod would allow me to circumvent the whole
> L1 bridge fiasco

Nope.
pinmod->to cpu->to L1 bridges->to multiplier control bits (L3, L4,L10)

If a bridge is out, can you drive your car across it? No.
Well, the electricity won't jump it either.

> On Tue, 04 May 2004 00:35:36 +0200, Kai Robinson wrote:
>
> > The board is an MSI KT3 Ultra - non ARU variant (no raid or Bluetooth)
> >
> > However i had assumed that the pinmod would allow me to circumvent the
whole
> > L1 bridge fiasco
>
> Nope.
> pinmod->to cpu->to L1 bridges->to multiplier control bits (L3, L4,L10)
>
> If a bridge is out, can you drive your car across it? No.
> Well, the electricity won't jump it either.

Aaaah Pants!

*goes to sulk in the corner until some generous bastard sends some lacquer*