Cd problems causes xp to crash

Cd problems causes xp to crash. The Cd drive will not read some cds
and it will cause xp to freeze. I insert the cd and then wait a
moment. The xp sp2 freezes. I have to do a hard boot.

My cd Drive is misidentified, According to my spec it should be
CDRW, NEXGEN (48X16X40) Not lite-on LTR 48246S.

It being identified as lite-on LTR 48246S.

If this does happen to be a lite-on-lite cd the flash program will not
work with this model. I have already tried it.

Thank you for any help.

Greg RO

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:38:52 -0500, Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com>
wrote:

>Cd problems causes xp to crash. The Cd drive will not read some cds
>and it will cause xp to freeze. I insert the cd and then wait a
>moment. The xp sp2 freezes. I have to do a hard boot.
>
>My cd Drive is misidentified, According to my spec it should be
>CDRW, NEXGEN (48X16X40) Not lite-on LTR 48246S.
>
>It being identified as lite-on LTR 48246S.
>
>If this does happen to be a lite-on-lite cd the flash program will not
>work with this model. I have already tried it.
>

>Thank you for any help.
>
>Greg RO

Ugh. I found out what my problem is. It iomega hotburn software it
does not work very well with xp sp2.

Greg R

TRENDING THREADS